Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just need some help with reputable shops here in the Dallas TX/ ArkLaTex areas that can tune my power FC to run on 93 octane. I have a 89 R32 here in Lousiana with mainly just bolt ons, Nismo fuel pump, and a power FC. Thanks!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Power FC has been around for quite some time. Any decent tuner should be familiar with it. Just find a tuner with an AWD dyno and a good reputation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that kind of of was my question, wondering if anyone has gotten tuned around this area and good references.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've dealt with Jotech quite a bit and Kenny Tran and his crew are awesome. He deals with R35 mostly but he has messed around with older skylines before. Not 100% on if they were Power FC though. Kenny has been around the block and back when it comes to tuning so I'm sure he can get you sorted. They are located in Garland.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've dealt with Jotech quite a bit and Kenny Tran and his crew are awesome. He deals with R35 mostly but he has messed around with older skylines before. Not 100% on if they were Power FC though. Kenny has been around the block and back when it comes to tuning so I'm sure he can get you sorted. They are located in Garland.
Agreed, I had my S2000 and NSX's tuned here. I drove my S2000 there, Kenny installed the injectors, and tuned it on the AEM FIC, wasn't perfect (since the limitations of a piggyback), but served me well.

My NSX was AEM EMS'ed so it was perfect. Had some issues with cold starts, but he asked me to provide him a log, and he took care it via email.

After that I took the EFI University courses, and started tuning myself.

No idea on PFC though. I've messed with one awhile back on a CA18, with the commander, and boy.....was that slow. I've heard with datalogit (FC Datalogit - Tuning Software for your APEXi Power FC) it makes it a helluva lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts