Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
nutter
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, just a quick question.....

i have some 17" 9.5j impul rims on odd spacers with 245 40 17 tyres and want to replace them with......

Rota GTR 9.5j all round in 18", can i do this?

dont want to go 8.5 fr and 9.5 rear cos the dish in the spokes is not the same:eek:

nb car is r33 gtst and is lowered, but doesnt rub at the mo (maybe on full lock a bit)

any help greatly appreciated

cheers

si

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
If you select the correct lower profile tyre on the 18's, you should be able to keep the rolling radius the same.
There's a site online that has a calculator that lets you put in your current setup, and then the new wheel sized, and it gives you the right tyre profile to keep your overall size the same. Thought I had it bookmarked, but I'm sure someone on here will have it, and can post the link.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
it depends what offset you go for

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i think its 30mm but the arch's will need to be rolled and the front lower suspention arm may need some grinding off it. i think keith had them on his old drag 33 that deathwish bought.

·
5,050 Posts
hope this helps

running 245/40x17 rubber your overall diameter will be 627mm

the tyres you need to keep it the sameish will be a 285/30x18 with a diameter of 628mm and these tyres will be cool on a 9.5" rim or if there a bit big you can go for a 255/35x18 which has a diameter of 636mm which is only 9mm out which is nothing

cheers Toast

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
i have gtr rotas 9.5 and 255 45 18's on the front of my gtst your need to do a little bit of cutting but they will fit

·
nutter
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow, cheers for all the responses guys:cheers:

what i am thinking is 18" 9.5J, 18 / 245 / 30's all round

will these fit?

i know the fronts will probly need different offset to the rears? but i dont want to go 8.5 fr and 9.5 rear as the curve on the spokes is different

the car looks good on the impuls, but needs spacers with different pcd, so sense (?) is telling me (and i want some shiny new rims!) to go for:
18" s
9.5j
30 profile tyres in 245 front and rear:)

is it do able ?

cheers

·
nutter
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the nightmare continues.............

right, got the wheels, then got the tyres.........245 35 18

now need 3mm spacers on front, ok no real drama............

rear, no spacers.................

but the spigot rings supplied are shat and give no location for the rim even without the spacer on the rear.............and wont centre up properly:nono:

so now i'm having some ally spigot ring type things made.......should be done 2moro (please....for [email protected]@@@s sake) so may finally have them fitted

and when (if???) they are on i'll put some pics up

and if not...................:uzi::shot::shot:

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
hey guys thought I'd update this thread and share info here instead of just posting another thread up about the same darn topic!

I just had new tyres put on mine. my car is running the same - rota gtr 9.5x18 all round. The tyres are Falken 235x40x18

On the rear everything seems ok - no spacer needed. Not the fattest tyres but they dont look skinny either.

on the front there is a 4mm spacer. If I run no spacer the inner edge of the rim catches on full lock on some part under the car - dunno what.

If I have the spacer on the tyres seem to catch on the arch.

so my choices are:
remove spacer. run without and dont use full lock much!
or
keep spacer. Roll arch

I'm kinda reluctant to do the latter really as I dont know anyone experienced and dont fancy doing it myself either cos I'll make a mess.

we're literally talking 1mm here of catch on the inner lip of the rim, so is there any part I can grind away? IansR33 says its the lower arm and it may be worth taking a slight bit of it away - has anyone done owt similar and got a piccy so I know what I'm looking at for one thing! :/

any help greatly appreciated!
ta
antlerz

·
nutter
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys thought I'd update this thread and share info here instead of just posting another thread up about the same darn topic!

I just had new tyres put on mine. my car is running the same - rota gtr 9.5x18 all round. The tyres are Falken 235x40x18

On the rear everything seems ok - no spacer needed. Not the fattest tyres but they dont look skinny either.

on the front there is a 4mm spacer. If I run no spacer the inner edge of the rim catches on full lock on some part under the car - dunno what.

If I have the spacer on the tyres seem to catch on the arch.

so my choices are:
remove spacer. run without and dont use full lock much!
or
keep spacer. Roll arch

I'm kinda reluctant to do the latter really as I dont know anyone experienced and dont fancy doing it myself either cos I'll make a mess.

we're literally talking 1mm here of catch on the inner lip of the rim, so is there any part I can grind away? IansR33 says its the lower arm and it may be worth taking a slight bit of it away - has anyone done owt similar and got a piccy so I know what I'm looking at for one thing! :/

any help greatly appreciated!
ta
antlerz
hi m8

i fitted 3mm spacers front, none rear, rubs ever so slightly on full lock, so have left as is.

hope this helps

put some pics up of yours on bud

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts