Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A possible change of plan as the GTR I originally wanted has had both turbos go, a bill I would struggle with, and I am thinking about throwing some money into turning mine into a GT4 killer (may have to get someone else to drive on the day ;) ).

Breathing mods all done really - anthing to add to, bearing in mind the budget is not endless:

PowerFC + Hand controller
Boost controller (possibly the apexi also?)
Richards FMIC kit

Any advice gratefully recieved......

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Either rebuild the standard turbo with steel bits or buy a new one as the Turbo is the GTT's main weak point :( Then see how the fueling is doing (mine was at 97% duty at only 310bhp). Unfortunately tuning a GTT to decent power levels is an expensive task, just ask my bank manager :D

ps Rod Bell is having my old turbo rebuilt so it might be worth seeing where he had it done, how much etc.

pps, what about a healthy shot of laughing gas?

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
larger (850cc?) injectors, GTR fuel pump, regulator, fuel rail??

I'd get the fueling up to scratch so you don't run lean if you up the boost a tad

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wondered about rebuilding the turbo - any ideas on cost?

Are the injectors bespoke to the GTT or are they interchangeable with any of the other models?

·
2,327 Posts
GTT ones are different to any other RB25 version as they are top feed high impedance and I've only seen Nismo do a bigger set (480cc). However if you change the resistor pack to a GTR one you can fit GTR injectors (top fed low impedance) and there's a lot more choice of them.

I think Sarky has GTR ones fitted (550cc) so PM the little blighter and ask him :D

Turbo cost should be around £500-800 but probably on the cheaper end of those figures.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
You will probably need to think about the strenth side of things too mate Steel headgasket ,a clutch that will stand the extra power and all that kinda stuff. Largest wheels you can find etc.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clairol, I am thinking a saving in weight alone with you behind the wheel would be about the same as the swtich to a carbon bonnet at least and a very kind offer:D Will you not be natuarlly pulled towards the Toymota boys though?

I have a feeling I will be earning my full BP tuning membership farily soon and with Nigels Demo gone, could maybe work on a new BP demo car?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Get the gang together and we'll have a team briefing in the office over some fried BP..!!!
Legiences will be left @ the start line... My moto has always been: 2nd Place Is The 1st Loser" and hate losing..!!! Tantrums and everything.!!!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Messgae in with Mr Bell as to the planned attack already.

Think a good policy for the Toymota Mr Ross..

Anyone any bright ideas on rough cost for a steel head gasket with install?

I see 480cc injectors are about £400 so not too bad...

·
2,327 Posts
Beware the Tuning Bug Nick!!! before you know it you'll be pennyless but have a HUGE grin!!!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Resigned to that already mate - not sure I will take it as far as you financially without a divorce being thrown in, but we have to show the GT4 boys that the GTTs are King!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts