Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had this? I've put a Skyline on eBay and included a "buy it now" price. I've just had to relist it as someone with 0 feedback in the US has decided to click on the "buy it now" button! Wonder if it's someone who works for eBay and gets a percentage of the extra money people have to fork out. Now I've relisted it with "buy it now" on there. What a pain.......

·
Registered
91 Posts
There are a lot of ebay scams. I just had a guy buy my 5 series BMW of ebay for more than it was worth. He has 0 feadback and only registered on the end of sale day. He has just sent me an e-mail insisting that he still want's the car. Basically the scam goes like this. He lives abroad but someone in the UK owes him £2500, and he will send me a bankers draft for £2500. When I am happy thay the funds are in my account and cleared I send the guy abroad £2500 - the £920 he paid for my car. The car never get collected and in 6 weeks time the bank tells you the draft was not real and take there £2500 back. You are now down by £1580. This scam has been going on a long time and you need to be wary of any 0 feedback buyers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here is part of the e-mail;
I am the highest bider on ebay as you already know and also
comfirmed to me by ebay am very much interested .As regards the
price is okay with me , to hasten up this transaction and to make
it easier there is a client of mine in UK who is owing me a
huge amount of money and has agreed to pay me everythings he owes me
after discussing with him of what i am about to buy from you . he
has agreed to pay me by issuing me a banker's draft ,i will instruct
him to issue out the banker's draft in your name, so a total
banker's draft of (£2,500) will be send to you because that is the
total amount he owing me and after you might have gotten the draft
you will with faithfully deduct your own part of it.Moreso i have
discuss this trnasaction with my lawyer and he told me that i should
not be afraid , I don't know if I can entrust you with my balance
after you have deducted your own part of it .the balance will be used
to pickup my goods i bougth from you and with the goods i bougth
from someone in IRELAND .
I have informed my transporter(shipper) of my intension to buy this
from someone in UK so let me know if you are okay with my method of
payment and shipping. if this arrangement is okay with you , do
forward your full details so I can forward it to my
client to issue out payment to you as soon as possible

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Bloody hell, what does one do ? Can't you bank the draft and get assurances from the bank that it was OK, eg pay for special clearance ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Special clearance doesn't mean a thing. The reality is that the bank can not give you any assurances the the money is yours to use. It can take up to a couple of months before you can safely say its yours. There have been a lot of payments made with credit cards. In this case the cards are not reported stollen untill the person who's card it is gets their next statement, notices the transaction, and reports it. This could be 2 months down the line. The credit card company then take their money back. As a retailer you can have the money taken back up to 2 years after the transaction and you have no comeback.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With my one I thik the guy would have tried to get bank details off me to make a payment by Western Union or some sh1t. I told him politely just ot fack off and thanked hmi for making me spend another £6 on relisting. I'll prob find out now he was genuine and really wanted to buy the Skyline!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, I had this one through last week !

Hello,
>
> Thanx for the mail and the brife explianation,i am very sorry for
> getting back to you so late i had to inquire if this is okay by my
> CUSTOMER and he did made me understand that the the BIKE is okay by
> him.As for payment i have an associate in UK who i will instruct to
> issue out payment to you, i will instruct him to issue out payment to
> you to hasten up the transaction so we can complete this thransaction
> in time. I, will instruct him to issue out a BANK'S DRAFT of £8,500
> this will cover the price of BIKE and the rest of the funds for the
> shipping of the bike and of my other goods in BOGNOR REGIS .please i
> do not intend to send any fund to my shipper for picking up.this mean
> without any delay in the shipping, once the payment is in your
> possession i will like you to send the ecess founds to my shipping
> agent via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER so he can arrange and come for
> the pick up of my goods.if this is okay by you,i will like you to
> please,get back to me with your full nam
> e and contact address as to where payment will be sent to. and is as
> follow....
> FULL NAME.............
> STATE.....................
> CITY........................
> ZIP CODE.............
> COUNTRY...........
> CELL PHONE.......
> PHONE.................
> Your immediat respose will be highly be
> appreciated.
> Regards
>
> ANTHONY KEN
>
:wtf:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
petemillis said:
With my one I thik the guy would have tried to get bank details off me to make a payment by Western Union or some sh1t. I told him politely just ot fack off and thanked hmi for making me spend another £6 on relisting. I'll prob find out now he was genuine and really wanted to buy the Skyline!
Just do a search on Google for "ebay western union" and you will be happy with your decision not to deal with this 'buyer'. Major scamming alarm-bells.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have an ok feedback rating on ebay about 30 odd with 100pc. I will say that of the 2 or 3 things I have sold most have had to be relisted. Timewasters and it really is quite annoying. I think I have had one good sale the rest have been people trying to rip me off or psis me about either that or nuggets who think i'm trying to rip them off!. One rse even wanted a refund on his postage. Too many wasters, its ok for buying but not so good if your selling.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That user who did me on Buy it Now is no longer a registered user of eBay! This is good as it means eBay have now refunded me the final valuation fee.
The black GTSt is going to a good home in Luton now, where it is going to be treated to some 18 inch wheels, a complete retrim inside (dark red leather for everything including the dash) and some serious big ICE. The buyer commented on how the Skyline is made for ICE installs what with having the battery in the boot! Me thinks it'll be one to look out for when he's done with it. Reg plate that's going on it reads as CROOK which is pretty cool for a Skyline owner, seeing as we all have a long list of crim convictions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts