• No

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it could be abused but if set up with a disclaimer then could be a good idea. Have seen it on other forums but can't recall which offhand.

Just seems a shame the likes of a recent post where someone pointed out an HKS2535 going cheap but had to be reprimanded due to forum rules. I often find things that i think - if only i could afford that / hadn't just bought that / oooh, thats cheap! Would be nice to spread the finds with others with similar needs to mine.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
yeah ill second that ...some times ebay come good

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I'll speak to the others, i'd like this too, sxoc, gtiroc and the peugeot sport club, all clubs i've been on have ebay sections.

I'm always finding good buys that i wouldnt mind sharing.
If people dont like ebay then dont look at it, simple.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree - good idea!

What is the problem with posting links to ebay anyway? Why the need for a disclaimer?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
"Buy at your own risk. make sure you do your research. This site is in in no way liable for incorrect purchases or inacurate dicriptions by the seller. caution is advised when buying any second hand part regardless of vendor."

or something similar?

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Buy at your own risk. make sure you do your research. This site is in in no way liable for incorrect purchases or inacurate dicriptions by the seller. caution is advised when buying any second hand part regardless of vendor."

or something similar?
Thats pretty much what i was thinking

Seems like a good idea to me too, share and share alike.

However, the amount of threads could become excessive in a very short space of time to say the least.
Obviously it would need tidying up fairly regularly but didn't think that would be too much hassle?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i do a fair amount of trading on ebay so keeping up to date withthe links wouldnt be too hard....just delete em as the items expire...or mebbe work on a "self policing basis" where if ya post it ...you check when it ends and remove it ...accordingly.........

·
Registered
962 Posts
because people here are more likely to sling something on ebay, promote it here and shill bid it, instead of offering it to forum users at a set price. i.e. it works against the forum.

Very good point. Not sure shill bidding is really a problem, but I agree I would rather see items offered up to members first than being stuck on ebay.

Maybe we should try and self-police so forum members don't advertise/promote their own items in the ebay section?

Maybe you could only link to trade ads e.g. I have bought stuff like wiper blades, oil filters, bulbs, dial kits, keys etc. from traders as oppose to links to cars/parts for sale from private owners.

Not easy to do you might say but for me, having an ebay section should be for saying..

'I bought this from X on ebay and it was all good, check it out if you also need one'.

..rather than..

'Hey look, there's a 95 GTS-T up for £3.5k - anyone interested?'

I am perfectly capably of going to ebay and typing Skyline into the search function - kinda pointless to repeat it in the forum.

Thoughts?..

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I dont think there should be any links to traders as it could upset our traders, as for the problem of shill bidding, just do the usual and set yourself a limit of what you'd pay on the forum for it, advantage could be that like a few people on here have been stiched up you could have a bit more protection on ebay and paypal from dodgy muppets.

I think the idea of having it automatically delete threads older than 14 days would be perfect.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
I think its a good idea. But as bruce said, got to be careful we dont annoy our traders by putting up links to parts that we could get from them. Having said that some of the traders on here are also on ebay.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Am i just not geeky enough to know what shill bidding is? :confused:
No, you're definitely geeky enough..

..just maybe lacking in intelligence..! lol

(Shill bidding is artificially bidding up your items, either by having more than one ebay account or getting your mates to up the bid - ask HI5, he does it all the time...

...alledgedly..!)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts