Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Holy f**k sir are we really on our roof?
1,327 Posts
I had one on my r33 gts-t off ebizzle and there wasn't a thing wrong with it buddy! If you pm smurf on here he just put one on his 33, which is his 5th 33 and 5th intercooler he'll give you the contact details for the guy he bought his from. Not a thing wrong with them dude, go for it!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
HDI are very good...

Other chinese ebay makes are ****.. You'll find that out when you have a remap and it cant hold boost :)

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
HDI are very good...

Other chinese ebay makes are ****.. You'll find that out when you have a remap and it cant hold boost :)
they are very good, i looked for ages when i wanted one and when i rang around RSP recomended them. made me 301bhp on just above standard boost and thats without a stage 1 chip.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Sorry ru' whats funny about that?
That somehow an intercooler running at ambient temperature (or most probably above that) would somehow be cold enough to damage the chrome.

Sh1t chrome more like I'm afraid. :sorry:

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
I had an Autobahn88 on and It would not flow more than a .8/.9 bar of boost which was 386 bhp
I changed to a Greddy RS and my car now runs 420 bhp @ 1.2 bar with 400 ftlbs,
Basically the better quality intercoolers use a lighter and more delicate core and this is what allows the extra flow along with the cooling, the cheaper intercoolers use heavier gauge alloy which closes the diameter/spaces in the internal structure basically restricting flow through it.
Some also have pressure drops due to internal leaks but it was flow issue that made me change mine ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.