Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these? Ive just bought a set to try out & on the box it says

EBC`s Kevlar high friction roadsport compoundfor fast road & race use on lighter cars. Has good initial bite from cold,effective up to 550 degrees c. Award winning fearure is almost complete lack of brake dust.

Im none to happy about the phrase "for fast road & race use on lighter cars"

Has anyone used these on a Skyline yet?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Eddie,
They are a bit soft for the fronts

I have them on the back though with reds on the front

paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I run the same combo as Robo, think greens are not up to it for the fronts.
Eddie from your car pics it looks like you have the GTR brake upgrade like mine, I have the part No's for Reds for those and the part No for green for standard GTS rears if you need em.

I fitted the greens on Sunday and had to cut of the wear indicator squealers to make em fit, but the front and rears are probably the easiest pads to fit that I have ever done, just rem not to put the shims in if fitting Red/Green between the pistons and the pads, but leave the edge shims in the rears

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh well you live & learn i spose. They`re in there now.
Easier to fit than i thought they would be although i did have to take the n/s calliper off to get the old jammed in pads out.

Buster what are these wear indicator squealers you mention. The whole reason i was changing the pads was because they were squeeling & when i got them out they were still about 1/4" thick.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
!/4" aint much now is it ? The squealers are a metal spring steel tab, fixed to the metal backing of the pad which touches the disc when the pads are worn, thus making a shitty noise. These were only on the rears tho but as they stick out too much to fit in the calipers easily, I ripped the stoopid things off.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeh. I was just testing really.
Had a hole in your pocket at work today then?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Work ? Oh yes I recall, no just thinking of some of the winkers I meet on a daily basis.
Changed any really nice nappys yet then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts