Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100% stock R33 gtst and thinking it's time to get some better brakes (rotots, pads...maybe calipers)....any recommendations? It will only be a daily.

Thanks!

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Well I would advise either EBC Ultimax or Stoptech Slotted Discs and either EBC Yellow Stuff or Hawk HP+ Pads with a set of braided lines and a brake stopper. Tried and tested set up on quite a few R33's fast road and the occasional track session.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you go the caliper route, you've got a couple of realistic options (both moderately expensive) plus several very expensive options. 1) R33 GTR calipers (F+R). Fairly hard to find and generally over priced for what the are, but a straight bolt on, plus new discs and new hoses. You'll also need big enough wheels (e.g. stock GTR 17s are fine). 2) 350z gold brembo calipers (F only!). Probably cheaper than the GTR caliper option (saw some recently in good condition sell on ebay for about £275). Basically the same as the front R34 set-up (I believe). They will fit on the front but you need to drill the mounting points to a 14mm instead of stock 12mm because the bolts wont fit, and obviously you want to get this exactly right. You will also need 350z discs. They are the same diameter as R33 GTR AFAIK but the offset is a little different to match the caliper. Rears will not fit due to different bolt pattern. 3) In the "very expensive class", you have a range of big brake kits from the likes of Stoptech and AP Racing. Also a kit to fit R35 GTR calipers, if you can find a set of calipers (sexy, but expensive). All of these will set you back upwards of at least £2000 for a front set-up, plus you'll need wheels to clear the big calipers (i.e. 18s with good clearance). HTH

·
Registered
9 Posts
The rear 350z brembo fit aswell .I fitted them 2day .had 2 drill out mounting and keep shaving way the drill got them fitted .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts