Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am a newbie to all this ecu stuff. I have a R33 GTS-T Spec 2, it has all the normal mods - Filter, Turbo Back Exhaust, Front Mount, Uprated Fuel Pump, SAFC, AVCR boost set to 0.89 with Standard turbo rebulit with steel blades.

I am looking for a good ecu,,, paid a garage for a power fc but it nevers seems to turn up neither does my refund!! anyway im digressing... I have heard alot about these Link ecu's and HKS and APEXi (!).
I want and ecu that is better than the factory one but also have the capability to eventually cope with about 600bhp (later next year I plan this)

Please can you help as I dont have the knowledge on this side of things?????

Thanks in advance

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Apexi in japan are on there way out mate, it can genuinely take weeks/months for a PFC to turn up.

Company on here, see the trade section. rising sun performance, can remap your standard ECU and they say it is better than a PFC, as it keeps the standard diagnostics. But..there the boys to ask.

Mate has Link in his 200sx rb25det powered and its all good though. ABout £1200 but can have antilag and launch control,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that mate

I was thinking more long the lines of a new ecu, as Im not sure the standard ecu will cope next year with 600 ponys. So a link would be my best bet?#

Is the link better than a PFC?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
if you planing 600hp on a RB mate better
dont safe on tuning the way to go is HKS FCon Vpro, AEM, Motec, Autronic etc
best to do is buy the hardware from one company and let the same company do the set up and mapping

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks, What advantages does the above have over the links ecu?

Also where is the best place to buy one of these ecus?

I am planning to have an RB30 conversion will these be applicable ?

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
The person you need to ask is whoever you plan to let build your engine, and the best local tuning compaines to you, to see what they can and cannot map or what they prefer.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Choose your tuner and let him choose the ECU he's more comfortable working with!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
why not get rsp to build the rb30 for you. then you can get aem ecu fitted which gives traction control, lauch control, bins the afm ( uses map sensor ), has inlet air temp senson, wideband sensor and prob other stuff i dont know about :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I don´t know how long you´ve been waiting for your Power FC mate, but they can take months(!) to turn up. So the place you ordered it at might(!) say the absolute truth. I´ve been waiting for one 3-4 months and paid full price upfront. That´s just how it is with the Power FCs now.

If you want the very best ECU go for Motec.

But normally it´s overkill.

Talk to the tuner you want to build and map the beast and go from there. Not every tuner can map every ECU.

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have the HKS fcon pro V ecu fitted with a MAP sensor fitted, TBH it will be all the ecu I will ever need, they are not cheap though a 1k for the ECU alone without harness and mapping etc but I'm also running tomei 740 cc injectors and really all I need for the future is a better bottom end, cams and a bigger turbo to see 500-600 bhp plus along with the other modifications already fitted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I paid for the power fc DEC 2006 and still has not got a power fc !!!! Tad annoyed :swear::uzi:.

I think it may be best to get the RB30 and let the tuner do all the worrying about the ecu lol.

So do you guys think its best to get a refund for the PFC and go Aems?

Or just get the money and throw it at a tuner for them to worry about ?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
If you paid for the PFC in december 2006, hell yeah, you gotta get a refund!!!

However I have a very strong feeling they won´t give you anything.

There are Power FCs for sale on here at the moment. Look at the for sale section mate. :cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts