Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 ECR33 Skyline GTSt Type M, 40th Anniversary model
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On the series 2 TPS, does the upper grey idle switch plug get a signal from ignition “on” or is this triggered by something else? I have removed the grey plug and checked the middle pin, the ‘green’ arrow. no power feed with ignition in “on” position. Is this right? I have tried to trace it back to ECU. I have no pin 54. Did continuity from all three pins back to ECU….nothing! Does the grey idle switch go through another circuit? Does this go through a fuse or relay?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

On this diagram, the throttle position switch does not seem to go to the ECU, but another module. What is this and where does it live?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Slyman.
I believe the tps contacts connected to the grey connector is only used by the auto transmission control unit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Slyman.
I believe the tps contacts connected to the grey connector is only used by the auto transmission control unit.
Thank you, that is very helpful information. I was hunting to try and find its origin from the ECU!
Do you have any idea what the unit or connectors are in the larger red box above? It’s separate from the ECU. Is this the auto transmission control unit you mention?
My main issue is finding a wiring diagram that relates to my model of GTST, late 1997. The ECR33 versions that I have found, do not match (see my other post)

·
Registered
50 Posts
For reference there are additional control units are in the boot beside the battery. For example the a-lsd control unit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For reference there are additional control units are in the boot beside the battery. For example the a-lsd control unit
Cheers Damo-M16. Yes it’s a manual. So none of the three idle switch wires (idle, power, full open) are operational and are redundant? Why are they there for? Just fitted and not powered? Where do the wires go? I’m trying to see why it’s there.
My logic is that if it’s supposed to be powered and mine isn’t getting power, this could be my issue with no idle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts