Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think it's passenger side footwell, I think you need to drop glove box down to get to it.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Yes passenger side foot well. under the kick panel but its easy to get at and you don't need to remove the glove box, if your auto you will have the auto box ECU in there to.

Why do you want to get to it? if you want the OBD2 connector its under a pull down flap under the drivers side dash.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok this might sound stupid but which part is the kick panel? The plastic to the left or the bit to the right of the footwell?
I want to get to it because i want to see if its got a sticker from a tuning company or any other markings toshow if its been remapped etc because when i imported it, it had/has some japanese tuning garage stickers on it so just bit of personal interest really plus the more knowledge bout my car i can get the better

Also my car is the manual

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
The left side, next to the door panel, no kick panel in center, just the transmission tunnel.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i had that off earlier when removing some cables from the aftermarket stereo system nd there was just a panasonic dtv box there which i removed, what does the ecu look like?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait i think i did come across it just didnt reallise it, is it the piece that has the connector which you have to lever up to release?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Wait i think i did come across it just didnt reallise it, is it the piece that has the connector which you have to lever up to release?
Yes! I think it has another module on top unlike the Z, it will have a large plug with about 60+ wires.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
If you have your dash apart for the stereo install you'll have easy access to it when the glove box is half out, it's hidden behind it...

Plus it's well worth changing the cabin air filter while you have he dash apart..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts