Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie in the world of mechanics and especially the world of ECU based engine stuff so bear with me..

My question is this : If i installed a remappable ECU to my r33 would it be possible to have multiple 'maps' that I can switch between at will? Ie like presets?

If so, would it be possible (not saying i want to do this just curious) to have a map for running on Super Unleaded/Vpower and one for Unleaded in case im in the situation where its difficult to get to a decent petrol station?

From what I understand, the reason unleaded is bad to use is because the timing will be slightly out using it which is bad for the engine, but a remappable ECU could then correct the timing and remove the evil effects of standard petrol?

As i said, im a newbie trying to learn :sorry:

Cheers

:cheers:

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
the A,E,M ecu does it all for you if driving steady it will pit in a map to conserve fuel, and once you let rip it will change automatically....as for changing it manually i dont know mate....:cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Greddy E Manage has a little switch on the side, off-map1-map2.

Although if your not doing the mapping yourself there will be extra cost for the second map.

It can be done with as many maps as you want on the power fc or any other pc based ecus but you need a laptop or palmtop to open the new maps and download them to the ecu. Not exactly quick but could work if you had advanced notice or a palmtop permanently installed.

Thats my plan when i get my power fc, permanently fitted palmtop instead of the Commander unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts