Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, will explain the situation i am in. I have carried out the speedo conversin that is stickied at the top of the page. car is a 33gtst, 93, standard 180kmh clocks. done exactly as said, works brilliant. agreed with andy that the car feels superb, steering is tighter, car feels sharper. all good! top work that man:cheers:
any how, i have realised that the signal sent from the speedo to the hicas and ecu is reduced by half, meaning the ecu and hicas think the car is moving half as fast as it is. my question is this: what does the ecu use the speed signal for? have been trying to figure it out, only thing i can think of is the speed limit. if this is the case then i shall not worry about rectifying it, as the hicas seems to interfere less now, making sideways driving more comfortable as the car isnt trying to correct itself as much:40oz:
seeing as i am tuning the car currently and will soon be fitting a power fc, wanted to know if the lower signal will cause any running problems. it seems good now, but im not sure if this could interfere with the power fc. any help greatly appreciated, cheers, jay

1 - 1 of 1 Posts