Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tiger Uppercut!
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Anyone had any issues with their ebc not turning on when starting their car then turning on after 20 or so minutes?

I've got a gizzmo ibc-r installed and has been working fine up until yesterday morning when it did not turn on (also the solenoid did not make its usual sound). Power is not the issue as its being powered via the stereo which is working fine. So, I get nothing and then all of a sudden it turns on and everything is fine. Also, it worked fine on the way home from work yesterday.

The only thing I can think of that is affecting it could be the cold mornings; as I've had to scrape ice of the windscreen; however, its been started regulary over the winter months and not had this issue before. Does anyone know if the cold weather could be affecting the solenoid / ebc?

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Cold weather could affect the electronics if there is a poor solder join. Is it the controller thats not turning on?
If it unplugs easy enough, take it out of the car when you park up for the night, keep it somewhere fairly warmish overnight. Plug back in when you are going to leave in the morning.
If it works straight away that will answer your question with regards to the cold weather.
Judging by the weather forecast, you got a coupld of weeks to try this before the sun starts to rear it's lazy ass!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts