Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
There used to be this when we had the 50 post rule but Lenny installed a fail. :disappointed:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i can remember when i joined i tried to put a thread in the wanted section and the system didnt allow me cos i never had the required 50 posts

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
I dont think a new member should be allowed post in the wanted section with less than 50 posts.
There's a lot of threads lately looking for engines,engine parts,pfc's etc
People just joining to pick up a few parts +have no interest in the site:minigun:

Also posting in the Newbies section shouldn't count up the post numbers ,
I see the same people post the same comment in every newbie thread :spank:

Rant over :guiness:

·
DoriDave on DW
2,372 Posts
Do what they do on Driftworks, impose a minimum length of membership, ie, must be a member for a few weeks and have 100 posts.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
That's effectively the elite system or ranking system as suggested above. Will do it on the next upgrade as it requires a pretty major overhaul of the permissions on the site.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
Ok, this change is complete. Users with less than 100 posts are unable to create a thread in the classified section.
excellent, now we just need to make sure they read the sticky telling them this otherwise we will get lots of new threads - why cant i post etc

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
Instead of being automatic why not just apply for permission to sell. Mods could take a quick scan of the members useage and approve or not.

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I've got another modification that I plan to make. The first time someone goes to the classified section, they will be prompted to read the rules and accept them before they are allowed in to that area. Then there is no excuse for not knowing the rules.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
I've got another modification that I plan to make. The first time someone goes to the classified section, they will be prompted to read the rules and accept them before they are allowed in to that area. Then there is no excuse for not knowing the rules.
great idea!!

·
Seasoned Member
1,879 Posts

Thats a brilliant idea lenny.... like some said they will end up posting up why cant i see. at least if they except the terms then try it they clearly didnt read them correctly.

At least it wont need as much patrolling xx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts