Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.Yesterday i run mine skyline vs. supra non turbo,twice,up to 120mph on over drive on and power button on as well.Every gear my auto gear box was changing at 7000rpm.when i came back home,about after 10 min,open bonet and checked oil can catch was fully of oil.why?????what is wrong with my engine,checked compresion and all cylinders has 10.5 bar.
If i run up to 6000rpm nothing happen,only when i rev 7000rpm,then the engine breather throw up oil,two times i riched 120mph engine throw 500ml of oil.This is pic of my oil can catch and short movie how mine sky goes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49N36i9T9M
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/7d31c75370da764d.html

·
Registered
610 Posts
my car shifts at 8500 rpm. and i also have oil spitting into the intake. i believe its because of built up crank case pressures and blowby gasses due to high rpm's. it totally normal. thats wut an oil catch can is supposed to catch teh oil and not let it back through your piping.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
hmmm i would empty the catch tank and driver her 2normally2 to see if anything spits out. it is probably just the high pressures at the top end like people say.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
wats the point of a stupid catch can anyway?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pull the breather pipe off and rev it up, if there is oil mist coming out and pressure when it's revving then your engine is breathing...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
even if i do conection betwen blowby pipe and inlet the oil will go trough into turbo.When car stops,i rev and no oil coming out,even pressure,nothing,but when i drive and as soon i hit 7000rpm car will throw out oil.
Hmmmmm
U say it s normal.i dont think so,a litlle oil its normal but no 500ml in 10 minutes.
But the way thanks for helping.any more sugestion.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Your oil catch can is not fitted properly. your engine is not breathing properly. you have fitted the can between each cam cover. if you can remember how the standard pipes were fitted they link both cam covers & then link to the air intake. oil catch cans are fitted in the pipe that leaves the cam cover & maks its way to the inlet. you have got yours blocked off with a bolt. I may be wrong but you have just created an extra oil circulation system across your cams

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
IMO, nothing wrong with that fitment. You are just getting pooling of oil in the head at high revs, coupled with perhaps excessive combustion gas blow-by. Which is pushing a lot of oil out with it.

I prefer a catch tank with an oil return line to the sump, that self empties, and offers direct venting via the same pipe.
Yours could be upgraded to that config. quite easily.

Whilst looking at your Youtube clip I looked at the next one from someone else and nearly threw up :apuke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRq5BMBtyQ8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts