Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi could do with some advice iv got a r33 1994 gtst spent ££££,s now getting it on road. its running great but it burning oil its not turbo unfortunately so looking at rebuilding it.
iv found a engine its a rb25det out of a r32 says it has fully rebuilt forged bottom end . they have fully receipts its a block with out head fitted so can see pistons. they say its neo engine not sure what that is. will it work in my car? or should i just get mine done ? thanks in advance dan

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would rather fix my own engine.

Only way you want an engine from somewhere else is if they are a highly reputable company and it comes with a decent warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would rather fix my own engine.

Only way you want an engine from somewhere else is if they are a highly reputable company and it comes with a decent warranty.
thank you for the reply. that is what i was thinking just like the idea of engine in engine out as iv just got it on road after 3+ months of welding (engine out job). was thinking of maybe selling it but think ill lose so much on it. dont know whether to go forge or set of rings ect

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
hi could do with some advice iv got a r33 1994 gtst spent ££££,s now getting it on road. its running great but it burning oil its not turbo unfortunately so looking at rebuilding it.
iv found a engine its a rb25det out of a r32 says it has fully rebuilt forged bottom end . they have fully receipts its a block with out head fitted so can see pistons. they say its neo engine not sure what that is. will it work in my car? or should i just get mine done ? thanks in advance dan
If its got receipts and built properly then there is no reason it shouldn't be OK, besides its an easy job to pop off a couple of bearing caps to check, the worrying part would be the lack of a head and the turbos, but if its cheap enough it might be worth it, it all kind of depends on what your looking for as to power etc.
Check out what the rebuild costs as opposed to the short block cost and go from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If its got receipts and built properly then there is no reason it shouldn't be OK, besides its an easy job to pop off a couple of bearing caps to check, the worrying part would be the lack of a head and the turbos, but if its cheap enough it might be worth it, it all kind of depends on what your looking for as to power etc.
Check out what the rebuild costs as opposed to the short block cost and go from there.
thats what im looking in to at the mo. im really thinking of trying to sell it as it is .may be easier to lose now rather then spend more and lose even more then. thanks for advice

can any one tell me if the 1998 neo rb25det block is the same as the 1994 rb25det block thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts