Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I urgently need some help with locating the engine coolant drain plug.

Looked almost everywhere but wasn't too sure about where the bolt was.
My coolant is a dark brown colour which is filthy.

Drained the water from the rad but the bulk of the water seems to be still in the engine.

Any help would be great. A colour/actual picture would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here you go.

It's on the left side of the cylinder block near the core plugs -see top pic.

P.S. Tried this myself and it's a bugger to get to and they can be brittle too so go easy if you get to it. If you run the motor with the temp set to 30 on the AC unit it should open the thermostat etc and allow you to drain most of it anyway.

Attachments

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Its next to the water feed for the turbo on the exhaust side at the back of the block.

Its only small and I doubt you will get much out of it. I would remove the thermostat and use a hose to flush the whole system.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
i dont think it has one other than the rad one.

is it just to flush the engine or you trying to drain it dry? I would guess remove bottom rad hose and jack rear of car up. Guess you need to remove the thermostat also?

Then stick hose in top rad pipe and flush through?

edit- didn't see above posts, posted same time

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Street Boy, I'll have a look again but that image didn't seem very clear to me. I'm hoping someone has a colour photo somewhere...

RSP, Thanks for your help too. I'll probably try and flush it too. There's a lot of S*!t in there. The last guy obviously hasn't cleaned it for a while.

Mattysupra, I'm trying to drain it dry. The water is filthy in the system. I'll probably do the thermostat/Hose pipe idea.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
84 Posts
If your going to the trouble of flushing out all coolant your best replacing the thermostat anyway for peace of mind. You will need some liquid gasket for that job too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent guys!! This is perfect. If I can drain out the crappy coolant by undoing that bolt and flushing it all out, I probably won't bother with the thermostat.

Guys, thanks for all your help. Seriously appreciated :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts