Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok folks...i am gonna invest in one of these...not looking to spend a fortune and it has to have that "fook look at that" factor when the bonnet is opened:)
anybody bought a good quality one for a 33 recently... mybudget.... less that 70£:)..many thanks

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts

·
Lick me - i'm chocolate!!
1,767 Posts
Japspeed mate, i think i paid £69 last year. Very good mod and look good under the bonnet also. Car felt much smoother when accelerating too!

·
7,524 Posts
Japspeed mate, i think i paid £69 last year. Very good mod and look good under the bonnet also. Car felt much smoother when accelerating too!
Did it really have that much effect ? what power are you running ?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
japspeed

murph it dont matter what power your running for them to help

it prevents the engine from moving on the mounts if there tired

·
7,524 Posts
japspeed

murph it dont matter what power your running for them to help

it prevents the engine from moving on the mounts if there tired
thought as much but read elsewhere its only really benefits if your running more power, think I'll add getting one to my list :guiness:

·
kreme
1,383 Posts
ive got one and they do make a slight difference, nothing to performance but it feels smoother with it than without :)

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
these help the same amount as taking a dump in your engine bay but they do look ok i suppose lol

·
Seasoned member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its black :D
dont be upsetting the staff will ya:cya:
gonna get one but need to finnd out who sells the best quality one....
a chrome one would be nice actually mick....blend in nicely with the rest of the family:)
tks

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
not true, ive had one reduce knock majorly on mine, also its the same as changing the engine mounts less shake from the engine give better performance.
ha ha,if your engine mounts are good thers no need for this muck,the damper is mounted on the suspension turret and coupled with a strut brace leaves the strut mount bolts too short to be safe in most cases resulting in pulled threads,secondly the damper is attached to an engine hoist point with an extension that leaves ittoo weak to take any real torque,bending every time you drop the clutch,now maybe you have a different set up to any of the ones ive seen,ive not seen many serious cars relying on this set up to resist engine torque?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts