Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quickie for the gurus.
During a recent oil change i overfilled so had to drain off the excess. The excess oil that came out was just as black as the old stuff that had come out which leads me to beleive it may be worth using these engine flush treatments. Is this ok on the skyline lump , any comments?? Also a freind with a lotus carlton was told by the lotus mechanics to put a drop of redex in his fuel tank with every fill up, this has been so successful that we now refer to it as the cars medicine as there is a notable difference in pick up if he fills without or when he reaches the bottom of his tank. Again, any comments on this would be greatly appreciated as i would like the thought of having nice clean injectors but not at the price of damaging the engine in any way!!

cheers,

jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Us too!!

We only ever use Optimax as well. Me , as i was advised upon vehicle purchase plus in use octane booster. Him, purely coz it does what is says on the tin......10% performance increase!!! ;-)
AS IF!!!
jas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
agreed!!

Yes , i know, the car had barely done 3000 miles on the oil i changed. The point i`m making is that the new oil had done nothing more than run from the top of the block to the sump. Never even started the car and yet it was still; horrible when it came out which would suggest there is a lot of crud or dirt lingering about inside the engine, hence i am asking about the use of an engine flush treatment.

jason

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
When I took my sump of my car I found alot of black sludge which may have been caused by the oil not warming up enough and alot of short runs etc. You may find this is the case on yours. I would think putting engine flush in will be fine as long as its the type you just put in for 20 mins until the engine warms up and then drain. I would also recomend regular oil and filter changes at about every 3000 miles as the GTR`s so kill the oil quickly.

Richard

·
Registered
220 Posts
If the engine has a few miles on the clock, don't use engine flush. In experience anyone that has used engine flush on a high mileage engine shortly afterwoods results in oil pump failure! Any [email protected] in the engine is picked up by the pump before entering the oil filter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah agree with Jason its evil stuff really, i've only ever seen it do more harm than good. Best treatment is prevention mate, give it another oil change and a few good runs and change the oil sooner say at 1000 miles as that should get shot of some crud and its safer and easier to the engine.

I always change my oil/filter every 3000 miles as i can get it trade all in for about £25 via Nissan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts