Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate has just had a power fc fitted and mapped but when he hits around 5k rpm the engine light flickers a few times then goes out till he hits 5k in the next gear. Any idea why this is happening ?

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
consult the power fc manual, i think in order for the engine management light to come on with a power fc, it is either hitting fuel cut(if one is still set) or possibly its detonating or your injectors are maxing out(the case in my old car with power fc)

what boost does it happen at?

What is the injector duty peak at?

im sure somebody will be along to advise further

EDIT: just noticed you are in ireland, who mapped it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was mapped by westward engineering in enfield in meath. Its running .9 bar so shouldn't be hitting fuel cut I turned it down to .85 last night for him to see if that does anything shouldn't be anything like that as mine is running .9 with no uprated ecu. He may ring westward and see what they say.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
what was the dyno figure?

i got my last car mapped there with the power fc, lets just say i wont go again

if possible you should head up to ECC up in lisburn - got the car remapped up there correctly and its a completly different car to drive

get your mate to check the injector duty on the monitoring options on the power fc commander - if its more then 85% on full chat, there possibly lies the problem - the injectors are near to maxing out and could do with an upgrade

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it dyno'd at 303bhp. He was talking to trackday performance before and they said they'd have it running at 350 bhp with the ecu that i thought was a bit much. It has profec e-01 boost cont, GReddy FMIC, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator de-cat hks induction thats it so cudnt see 350 with that without changing injectors and turbo. Must check the settings on pfc see what the injectors are running at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts