Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone give me alist of mods to the engine got apex exhaust on air induction kit got about 1500 to spend car is gtst would the brakes need upgrading if so what type

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Standard brakes will be fine.....

If you can find an apexi power fc get it... Thats the ecu out the way... Some in the for sale section, Not sure wether theyve sold. RB motorsport may have one. 01704822848
Front mount intercooler, either a japspeed from japspeed or greddy spec m from rising sun.. You may need an uprated clutch they (rising sun) do a great 400+bhp clutch.. Not had a problem with it since fitted.. as sooon as i get her, lol .... Turbo elbow, decat, beware from cheapys though.

That should be alll the money spent up, lol....
But then you may have caused a flatspot.. That would be your standard coil packs. There is a sticky for cleaning them somewhere or you could upgrade to splitfire coils..

You should see around 300bhp.....
:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Uprated Clutch
Engine management: Apexi Power fc or Greddy emanage
z32 afm
550cc injctors
Turbo rebuild or turbo rated 500hp
FMIC
decat
That should take you to over 400whp

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
If you've got exhaust and induction kit then your next mods should be a front mount intercooler (£250 ish) and a Greddy e-manage (£250) and mapping (£350 +vat) along with a Greddy Boost controller set to 0.80bar.

You could also give it a service and maybe get some decent pads like ebc red stuff if your discs are in good condition.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Personally I'd turn your attention away from power and sort handling and braking out first. Odd route, but I've no doubt it's the correct one.

My R32 has 250bhp, nothing more, but does have Tein coilovers and 315mm front discs. I'd rather have the Teins and the brakes than I would an extra 30bhp - I'd be dead

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does that mean dropping the ride height ive got 18" wheels ive seen a set of 330mm discs would these work well and how would this help with handling and then start with the engine mods

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
id stick with the standard brakes
if you want it lowered maybe sort that first to get the looks right :)
BHP gain mods is what you need :D
decat, downpipe, fmic, iridium sparkplugs, ecu or fuel controller + mapping, ... list never ends

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
And that's the route I'll never follow again. Why don't people realise that modifying a car is about modifying it as a PACKAGE

Your right it is a package, i think its all down to personal choice though.

When mine was standard i knew the brakes were more than good enough for the standard power, but it definately needed lowering.
I raised the power a fair bit before i did the brakes as i use my gears alot to slow myself down and dont just rely on the brakes and stamp on them all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts