Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my local garage has advised silkolene pro 10w 50
and another garage told me silkolene pro will just burn because it is fully synthetic and told me to use a part synthetic turbo oil 10w 40 what do guys reckon which oil will be best i have a gts 93 57k miles?

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
My local tuner always puts Valvolene 15/50 in on my oil changes (every 3-4k miles), pressure is always good even after a thrash and rarely needs topping up.
Done just over 60k and 10k of that's since it was re-built tho!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Mines running silkolene 10-50w and i've had no problems, thats the oil that was recomended to me:dogpile:

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
i use/used agip 10/60w fully synthetic in all my turbo'd cars never had an issue, gives great oil pressure results aswell

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Im looking to do an oil change on mine im thinking 10w-50w Silkolene im just waiting on oilman giving me his thoughts on if i should use fully or semi-synth.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Think i got 5w/40 off the oilman last time i ordered-the other bottles in the loft at the moment. Advised for a lightly tuned daily driver, gives good protection on cold start. Need if for when winter comes back!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Will any of this burn off/need topping up over the 3k?
i use silkolene pro s 10/50 in mine and after 6k it hadnt burnt a drop. i was pleasently surprised, it didnt look too bad when i drained it either.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
i run the silkolene 10w.50 been in or 3000 hard miles and not burnt a drop.

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
a lot of people use Silkolene. Personally I'm using the Pro R 15w/50

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Pro R 15w50 here too :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
you can run silkolene pro S for well over 10k, if you change before then you're throwing away good oil, unless you do track days.
Really? Would this not damage the engine/turbo if you effectivley doubled the service interval though?

Was going to do mine once i've covered another 2000miles. To keep it at 5000mile intervals. But if this is going to throw away good oil i'll do it later on.
:cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use 10W40 Semi, in my GTR it runns brill, i have had no problems. I got recomended the silcoline 10w50 fully but found it hard to come by. I have also been told it's a bike oil and not a car oil, according to my local bike dealer.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Opie oils recommended the silkolene 10/50 to me and as he sells it all day long and its his business i trust his advice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts