Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got bored yesterday so i thought id have a go at cleaning the engine bay what dya think ?

BEFORE

GETTING THERE

AFTER

I know its not a touch on some of the other guy's engine bays but its a start... thinking of polishing up some of the metal bits next.. anyone tell me how its done....OPINIONS WELCOME ON ENGINE SO FAR :)

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
looks very nice. I must do mine sometime. On that note:-

what sort of cleaning liquids and equipment did you use?
How long did it take?
How much prep on the rocker covers?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
STOP. COPYING. MY. GOLD. ENGINE.

:shakehead:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Looking good mate.

My engine needs a damn good clean and so does the car for that matter. I know what im doing this weekend.

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(lol @ banter)
from the time i started to the time i finished it was about 9 hours out painted and back in again (but i did drop every f**king nut bolt and screw i got my hands on down the engine). oww that includes cleaning all the engine bay aswell............... I just used white spirit and scrubbed it with a rag and toothbrush done that about 5 times, then i used 1200 grit (you wouldnt believe the amount of crap still on it) then more white spirit with clean kitchen roll and just keep doing that untill you can wipe it and theres no dirt on the kitchen roll. the backs of my legs are absolutely killing me today from being lent right over the car all day, but it was worth it in the end

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
brad, are you on about your rocker covers that you used sand paper on etc?

definately going to get to work on my engine bay over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
got bored yesterday so i thought id have a go at cleaning the engine bay what dya think ?

BEFORE

GETTING THERE

AFTER

I know its not a touch on some of the other guy's engine bays but its a start... thinking of polishing up some of the metal bits next.. anyone tell me how its done....OPINIONS WELCOME ON ENGINE SO FAR :)
Take off a part that you want polishing bring it to my workshop & ill show you how

1 - 9 of 9 Posts