Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!!!!Warning new member!!!

First things first hello people!

Secondly I don't own a Skyline so you are most likely wondering why the hell I’m here, well it’s for you help (silly)

I need to know a few things about these amazing machines, I intend to fit the RB25DET to my S13, I know this has been done before as I’ve spoke to the guy on the SXowners club web site.

I would like to fit an RB26DETT but i don't think there will be room for the twin turbos and I don't know if the RG25DET gear box would fit the RB26DETT, this is one of the thing that I would like to know.

Also, does anyone have an engine for sale? If not (not really surprise) how much are these two engine worth? Would it be better to try and find a write off?

I know it is not going to be cheap but I would like to do this as it would make an interesting project, all help will be much appreciated and any advice give will be taken onboard.

Thanx for you time peeps. Let me know if you can point me in the right direction to sourcing an engine.

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
Well, I'm sorry I don't know where you can source an engine. But you'll need a couple of other things to use it. Mainly the crossmember (the R32 one for the S13) if you don't want new engine mounts made, if you have an SR20 in your S13, you'll need the Skyline's tranny or one from a CA18 will connect, don't know how it will hold up, but will need a larger clutch. Also, if your S13 doesn't have an LSD, you'll want that also.

I don't know if you've researched the swap much or not, I helped out on one, took a couple of months to figure everything out. Then we came across this article, which is the best and most detailed how to swap I've ever seen! It's for how to put it into an S14, but everything is the same except for needing the R32 cross member to match the S13.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0309scc_hybrid/

Anyways, I hope this helps you figure out your plans and makes things go smoother! Good luck!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What i am going to do is try and get the engine asap, then talk to a few people that have do it and have alook at there cars, I've done engine conversions before so i should be ok.

But its not something that you want to rush into with out giving it alot of thought, i also found that link that you posted and its very helpful.

The thing is i don't know what price i should be paying for the engine, i've set myself a buget and i hope not to go over it.

I've been offered from a mate the front end of a GTR34 engine,box, and all running gear for £3500. i don't know thou, i have only got £5k to play with atm, but if i leave it to the summer i could have twice that to play with.

if you have anymore info or place i could look at for conversion parts like prop shafts and stuff like that please let me know

Thanx

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
seen a rb25det engine on ebay that never sells and its up for £1000 but you will need loads of other bits

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
We paid £500 for a nearly complate engine (25gtst)
It had no turbo on it.............Allways hold out till you think you have the best deal . keep scaning these pages till somthing turns up..... I'm sure it will,
Good luck with your project.........

AL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts