Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know, I think I destroyed two pistons while Racing a 350z on the Autobahn.
I am now as deep into the rebuild as my limited budget is allowing me.
(Due to my Job I do not pay taxes or customs anywhere but I don't make that much either)

Here is a list so far
Mahle Powepack Forged pistons 87mm with Eagle H beam connecting rods and ARP bolts: $1195 USD Delivered
Cometic 1.5 mm Multi Layer head gasket: $175 USD Delivered.
Full engine Gasket kit: $160 Delivered, (Came with a stock Headgasket, open to offers)
Light weight steel flywheel: $350 USD Delivered
6 puck clutch kit rated at 500 hp (I hope to get close): $250 USD Delivered
Labor (as I am not qualified to this my self): I don't even want to think about it!:whip:

I am waiting for the engine to come apart so I can see what size bearings I have to get, does anyone know where I can order them if they have to be thicker than stock? what should clearance be.

Thanks all.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks like I was running just a bit hot on no's 1 and 6, mechanic thinks my injectors were to blame as no's 2-5 are perfect with no signs of det.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OUCH! that valve is NOT a happy chappy lol

Bad luck tho, I still have to open my old lump up and see what went wrong.

Maybe we should have a "see what I broke inside!" thread where we can all post pitcures hehe Melt of the Month!

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OUCH! that valve is NOT a happy chappy lol

Bad luck tho, I still have to open my old lump up and see what went wrong.

Maybe we should have a "see what I broke inside!" thread where we can all post pitcures hehe Melt of the Month!
Sounds Like a good Idea. It should be a whole section,"Look what I Broke", right above "parts wanted" lol

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Oh Glenn, looks like you pushed life out of your engine! Nice valves though :rofl:

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I love new parts!
Here are some more pictures of parts for my rebuild before they dissapear into my engine to not be seen again in a very long time (I hope)

My forged pistons and ros weighed 934 grams complete (with out rings), the stock pistion and rod weigh 940 without big end cap nuts or rings!( Iremoved the rings from stock before measureing, 23 grams btw)

You can clearly see the difference between the stock "I beam" and Stronger "H Beam" rods

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ahh My new cometic Multi Layer Steel Head gasket, good to 3 bar I hear, (I'll never run more than 2) 87mm bore .051" thick or 1.3mm, I had asked for a 1.5 but the Mahles are 8.5 comp so it will be lower than stock anyways. (i was shooting for 7.8-8.0 comp for higher boost. :guiness:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just curious mate, how was the race with the 350z about to end b4 u blew ur pistons?? Cuz im just curious if 350Z are really that much faster than GTS-T R33.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just curious mate, how was the race with the 350z about to end b4 u blew ur pistons?? Cuz im just curious if 350Z are really that much faster than GTS-T R33.
Hey mate I was doing 155 MPH.
My Skyline (used to lol) easily hit 7k in 5th gear which is 165MPH or so

I was leaving him way behind, he could not match me on acceleration, on top end the 350z will be faster due to the tall 6th gear, but I'm pretty sure his was speed limited as the gap was getting bigger. 350's are deceptively Heavy for their size 1730KG!!! compared to my Skyline R33's Relatively porky 1370kgs
350z specs
R33gtst specs
So with only 300hp on tap and nearly 400kgs more to push a lightly modded (and mine wasn't lightly) R33 could keep up if not out run one.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On Track of course.......

oh hang on just noticed... on the autobahn
Yes Fortunately the Germans have yet to capitulate to the (pun intended)"speed Nazi's" like England or the rest of the EU and The US for that matter!

·
Registered
385 Posts
NICE! To bad the run ended on a sour note!:crazy: the owner of the Z should have to pay for losing so badly and even having the nerve to challenge a Skyline:booty:

They should remember that it was banded from certain race circuits of pro competition only because it was winning so much. Not because it was getting older.:notworthy :nutkick:

Don't get me wrong, I like the young cousin Z33 but it's no Skyline!:cheers:

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NICE! To bad the run ended on a sour note!:crazy: the owner of the Z should have to pay for losing so badly and even having the nerve to challenge a Skyline:booty:

They should remember that it was banded from certain race circuits of pro competition only because it was winning so much. Not because it was getting older.:notworthy :nutkick:

Don't get me wrong, I like the young cousin Z33 but it's no Skyline!:cheers:
Drove a z once, it was a very nice bit of kit, I might buy one (cheap and used) as a daily driver once the R33 gets too old to be useful.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Hey Gman, I hate those aggressive Autobahn-runners like you!!!:rofl:
Don´t worry about your engine man, we gonna sort it out soon, I´m sure! After this small "engine surgery" you´ll be one of the fastest skylineowners in Germany and from that time your enemies will be really fast cars, not 350Zs man! :drivin:
Only thing that su**s is, I WILL need d*mn long time and even more money to get my Skyline as fast as yours... but I´m sure, the day´s gonna come... :D

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Gman, I hate those aggressive Autobahn-runners like you!!!:rofl:
Don´t worry about your engine man, we gonna sort it out soon, I´m sure! After this small "engine surgery" you´ll be one of the fastest skylineowners in Germany and from that time your enemies will be really fast cars, not 350Zs man! :drivin:
Only thing that su**s is, I WILL need d*mn long time and even more money to get my Skyline as fast as yours... but I´m sure, the day´s gonna come... :D
Hey, you know you can always count om me to help you make your skyline ALMOSTas fast as mine:cheers:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I know Glenn! Cheers for that, you´re great! :cheers:
And don´t forget: the day is gonna come, when you realize a black R34 GTT in your rear mirror that will overtake you immediately after realizing it :rofl: :rofl:

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just ordered a set of 555cc injectors,
block goes to the machine shop tomorrow
Hopefully will be back together soon!

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Engine covers

Just finished plasti-koating my engine covers in tomei blue, should look a treat when I rebuild the motor since I couldn't afford a 10,000 euro tomei RB25 but am building my motor to the same spec for about a third of that.

My Inspiration:

The actual parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts