Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a few weeks back i put up my GTR for sale and had a few offers on the usaul swaps and stuff and even had a bloke call me up saying he would pay the asking price if i had said paper work for all work done (i do) then it came to the crunch and i could'nt do it.
Mad a sale in this day and age and i turned it down.
so have any of you had a car or bike that you could'nt sell because of the love for it as much as it pisses you of being under it as much as in it.

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
yeah my saxo its on its last legs one door its hanging off the 02 sensor has gone clutch is on its last legs but i still drive it and will do till it die's

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Yeah I had a Nissan Bluebird once (1.6LX :smoker:) and I just couldn't part with it. Because it was a shed and no-one would dare buy it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i know how you feel mate i had to sell my 4x4 sapphire cosworth and my 97 R33 GTS-T in the same month about 5 years ago and it still hurts lol, but to make it worse i spotted my old skyline at Japfest on saturday and it looked soooooo lush i wanted it back :O( but has just made me more determind to my my new r33 even better :O)

·
Banned
1,640 Posts
yeah feel the same about my current skyline even though i've had some very good offers for it including a 7k car last week :crazy:

·
Registered
836 Posts
definitely feel that way about my Skyline (SATAN). Even though i've cursed it and threatened to burn it i cant imagine me ever getting rid of it. Its just a stunning car and attracts attention like a tranny at a boy scout convention lol
It costs me a fortune to run and fix but it just makes me feel so fantastic every time i drive it. Cant wait to put an RB30 in it. lol
Regards, Thwish

·
Registered
174 Posts
Same here with my current R33 Gtst, been very tempted to burn it as it's costing me a forune.......then again every time its working and I put my foot down it changes my mind.....SEEMS to be coming together mechanically so time to start making it look like a decent car I think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes that would have been my love for E30 BM's I sold one I loved and it's upsetting me now but luckily enough I have two more plus my beloved skybus

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
My current R33 GTST, work is punishing me at the moment with pay cuts \ reduced hours etc etc so will get it through its MOT and maybe SORN it for a few months till I know where I am, people have suggested selling it - WTF - I'd rather sell my kidney than go there :rofl:

·
#Team Morris - FULLY F**KED
1,978 Posts
i had a 1985 audi gt coupe with a quattro turbo motor in it, loved it. wish i'd never sold it. i wouldn't swap it for the skyline but i miss it.

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
you know the answer to this man, how many times have i said im selling mine and yet i still have it and just keep putting parts on it???
ya i saw your car add in MIJ with no phone number lol:alco::apoke:
should be as near as it gets to selling i hope.

And as for things going iv blowen the turbo in my "money pit"
but what the hell ill just moan and get it fixed and wait for the next thing to go.lol

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i did tel ya not to go to mondello again, it never serves you well there
Just could'nt resist it
Note to me : stay away from mondello park.:apoke:

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
I have put mine up for sale in the past a few times and get talked out of it by some of you guys on here and very grateful u did cause i wouldnt of bought anything else but another one no doubt, even if they kill my bank balance and cause endless amount of problems, just cant wait to get mine back from tuner now, not driven her in 8 months and want her back!! LOL

3 weeks and i will be putting shells profits up again no doubt!!:hippy:

·
5,050 Posts
I had a mk2 golf for 10 years wished i never sold it clutch to heavy for the old dear

my RX and my Beetle will never be sold

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
seems a bit of a cliche really but my skyline is the only car ive ever had in 23yrs of driving that is not for sale.

all the other cars ive had and theres been a lot, have always been for sale "at the right price" if ya know what i mean, but the skyline? nope not a chance

·
Registered
571 Posts
ia had a motigi prelude that i couldnt ever sale but then i had too as i couldnt fit the baby seat in it :( its the biggest mistake ever in my car history i sooo wish i hadnt sold it :( i didnt know how rare it was but i have never seen another one with the same spec ! I have contacted the new owner who has had it for 2 years now but he was not interested in selling :( I will get the car back one day i will !!!!!

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
I should have never sold my 33 gtst.... I had so much fun in that car and really miss it.

Bruce M is enjoying it now so at least I still get to see it most weeks. I dont think I would ever want to buy it back now, we all know how Bruce drives!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts