Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What it would sound like if you were RIGHT NEXT to your zorst when caning it?

I have.... Always hacks me off that despite the car looking cool as Fcuk, (you know its true all you decal (stickers then :) ) haters), I don't get to enjoy how it sounds whilst driving it....

Well... The solution is nigh...

Went out today with a microphone attatched to the towing hook, 2 inches from the tailpipe. The result...

About 2 mins of what an HKS Hyper sounds like when assaulted by a rather fruity RB20DET, .9 bar of boost and my right foot.

RIght click and 'save target as', its about 2 meg I think...

Make sure you turn up the speakers (and the bass)...

Download HERE

Was a lot of traffic around so I didn't get to wind it up much :(

E

·
0 Posts
Sounds cool though. Very gurgly on tickover. You should have thrashed it a bit more:D

E

·
0 Posts
Wasn`t Fast Eddie in the Hustler & the Colour of Money? He`s nearly as cool as me.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddie said:
Wasn`t Fast Eddie in the Hustler & the Colour of Money? He`s nearly as cool as me.
He was!

Does burble nicely... Almost like a twin carb setup.......

Was trying to cane it but kept hitting traffic wherever I went. Recorded 40 mins of sound and thats the best I got... Shall go out sometime in the middle of the night and redo it, wanna get some pops and flames in there.

PS - Did hit 7000rpm at one point.... but got scared, still haven't found the limiter......

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eddie...

I hit 8500 a few months ago and still no limiter..... Was in the wet and being a nob end trying to launch in front of my mates.

Drove home about 30 though waiting for my engine to fall apart....

Either my cars had a serious internal rebuild or somethin's not right. (that was 8500 on the S-AFC, nearly 9000 on the rev counter in the dash - peak hold is a magic invention!).

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
get your car on the dyno and ask if you can stand next to the pod filter...just remmember to hold onto something so you don't get sucked in....:D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool.... Find it funny that in one part of that clip you can hear the dump valve, despite the mic being less than 2 inches from the exhaust pipe.....

Next plan is to drop the mic under the bonnet once I figure out where.... Bet it sounds like mechanical death in there!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
just listened to it...damn that sounds mean..:):):)...all i can really hear on mine is the induction roar, nice to know we're scaring people in front and behind us.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was

pretty surprised to be honest... Didn't expect it to be as throaty as it is. Reminds me of the Trans Am to an extent (although it made the ground shake at tickover) with the burbling going on.

Inside, All I get to hear is the intake, dump valve and a bit of engine, but nowhere near that glorious exhaust roar!

But overall... I don't think there's another 2 litre anywhere that can match the sound of an RB20DET!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did download it. but its late everone is a sleep will listen 2morrow.

BTW

Never rave your gts engines over 7k rpm .
RB20/RB25DET engines hitting 7k + ll couse crankshaft 2 bend and that is a big boo boo.

E Regardo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts