Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Skyline for 6 months and had to sell it to buy a computer so i could talk about how great it was. The thing is that it was costing me a fortune in petrol (about 200 miles on a tank) and it went through tyres like a wino in Elly's! So, the question is... Was i the only person to drive my Skyline every day or has everybody got second Mortgages?

:40oz:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I use my GTS everyday

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Citreon Diesel ! Feel the power ! Die in my fumes !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the problem though. If you've got one, it seems a shame not to use it! That and the fact the wife always wanted to borrow it! I was sorry to see it go, but so much healthier in the bank balance already!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I dont find its all that expensive to run, just not as good with motion potion as the renault.

Its miles more fun though :)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Company white van every day. Bought Her indoors a new Smart car, lets me play as and when. Took it to Le Mans, have to go to Wales in it quite often.
Guess the truth is you don't buy a motor like that if you are worried about MPG.
I would be very suprised if there are many on here who have even bothered to do the sums, seems like you sort of know how far a tank full will get you.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I use mine everyday and just the work and back jaunt is 300 miles a week...! It has swallowed £90 this week already... :(

Its expensive but hey, like Buster says, I didnt buy it for its MPG...! :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I used mine everyday while I had it. Then again having ridden bikes every day for several years and got used to buying new tyres every 3,000 miles the skyline seemed cheap to run.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Use mine everyday, get about 200 miles to a tank......Rubber was almost new when i bought it on the 29th May......I need new rears now!!!

Drove to belgium and back the other day booze and *** run (no customs guys here??) 350 miles to a tank. not bad.

E

·
0 Posts
I use mine everyday too. Just got back from a trip to Abbey. Its about 210 miles total & i used just over 1/2 a tank.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep use mine for the daily work run. Get about 200-220miles out of a tank, not bad seeing as the Mondeo used to give about 260/70 to the tank!!!

Q!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
why are you discussing fuel economy when you bought it for fun and only fun? its hardly a like for like comparison, I have more than one car and to be fair the others are nice enough motors but lets face it dull as f*ck to drive so i have them for emergencies and those regular "service" intervals

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought mine for fun too.

As I use it every day, and its the only car i have its nice to know how quickly your burning up the tank. If i had a second car then it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Eddie said:
I use mine everyday too. Just got back from a trip to Abbey. Its about 210 miles total & i used just over 1/2 a tank.
How on earth did you manage that Eddie?? :confused: I cant squeeze more than 280ish out of a whole tank at best, less if I drive like I want to... :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts