Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I'm fairly sure you have no choice other than to use Motorex.
I think they are the ONLY company in the US who can legally authorised to convert the cars to DOT/EPA standards.

Companies like RB Motoring can effectively only sell cars that are converted by Motorex.

·
Old Member
814 Posts
We have an SVA inspection here in the U.K. certainly not as stringent as the DOT/EPA certification in the U.S. As Big Mark says Motorex have the monopoly on "legalising" import cars, not a lot you can do about it except get on to your Congressman !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason im asking is because im in the middle of purchasing a r33 vspec I from a corperation calledd fuel imports in florida and they say they also do the legalization to make sure its 50 state legal. you guys heard of Fuel imports from florida?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
fraid not mate....all we hear of is Motorex.....but as we arent up to date on legislation in the USA it may be that motorex dont have the monopoly any more....good luck with the purchase anyway!

N

·
0 Posts
LISTEN MOTOREX IS THE ONLY PLACE

one way or another u will see them , OR THE scraper

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
In all likelyhood, Fuel imports will get Motorex to legalize the car before they sell it to you. I would talk to Fuel imports and find out exactly how they go about legalizing it.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Unless things have changed, and in all reality they might have done by now, the only company approved by DOT and EPA to legalise the cars is Motorex.
Fuel Imports could be operating almost as an east coast distributor for Motorex prepared cars, just as RB Mooring are doing.

It may be worth getting in contact with the DOT and EPA to get a definitive answer on who is LEGALLY approved to prepare Skyline for use on US roads.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i agree motorex are the only importer who deal with everything as far as I know for legalisation etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts