Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Part-Time Maniac
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, First off all, getting about 12mpg, I hooked it up to an emmission analyser and it shows it wasnt over fuelling...Emmissions were 100%.... could any thing else be making her so heavy on juice??im thinking the lambda sensor but if that was gone it'd be over fuelling???any ideas?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
well if it's not over fueling maybe it's something to do with your right foot....lol

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
With my lead right foot............3 maybe 4 mpg.

·
Registered
732 Posts
with cars like these, anything possible in some ways, turbo's, coilpacks, plugs, filters, etc etc. But sometimes just looking at the basics can help. Think back to the days of the simple air, fuel, spark - its running rich, adjust the mixture screw on the carb - easy. But not so easy anymore i guess. But im having a similar problem of missfiring and the odd idle cut out and it feels like to much juice going through. All i can do is look at the basics and go from there - a small thought is, the boost solynoid ( dam, i always forget how to spell that ! ) is it doing the proper .5bar-ish then jump to .7bar-ish ? wondered if maybe it could be stuck. Thats assuming your ride is not a far from standard beast that is, and just a more standard version like my own.

Really hope you get to the bottom of it soon !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts