Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Exedy organic clutch 350bhp?

I've been offered a exedy clutch from techniclutch for £165 but I'm worried now they havn't got a very good rep on here for there own brand, and I don't want to buy a copy.
Any one else bought a exedy from them? They do state they are a official dealer.
Is the entry model exedy clutch really good for 350bhp or is it just built for 260bhp standard replacement?

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
this is just an opinion but i wouldnt use a cheap clutch from ebay (if i am thinking of the right company that send out freshly painted recon crap)

i really have to recommend someone like Rising sun to buy these parts...worth the extra £££ in the long run

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
i bought a r32 gtr exedy organic clutch from them on e-bay for my 33 gtst, its been on 3 weeks and been good as gold (so far touch wood) i had a re-map 2day and now runnig 400bhp and so far so good, bruce-m advised me on this clutch he's runnig 450bhp and has used that clutch for a while now

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been offered a exedy clutch from techniclutch for £165 but I'm worried now they havn't got a very good rep on here for there own brand, and I don't want to buy a copy.
Any one else bought a exedy from them? They do state they are a official dealer.
Is the entry model exedy clutch really good for 350bhp or is it just built for 260bhp standard replacement?

This kit is standard replacement NOT UPRATED. It will not handle 350bhp for very long. My advise is to buy the R32GTR or exedy uprated, it will last at lot longer and they're around the same price.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought a r32 gtr exedy organic clutch from them on e-bay for my 33 gtst, its been on 3 weeks and been good as gold (so far touch wood) i had a re-map 2day and now runnig 400bhp and so far so good, bruce-m advised me on this clutch he's runnig 450bhp and has used that clutch for a while now
Thats good news.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a update on this, I was set to buy the gtr exedy clutch from tecniclutch for 165 from ebay. I went to buy it now on saturday gone and to my surprise I had been banned from buying any of there items!
I put this down to asking to many questions, 4 messages in total but not surprising the guy got fed up after reading another thread on here he just put the phone down on another member several times because the techniclutch branded clutch would not fit his gtst.
So I thought FU I'll get a exedy gtr clutch from someone else and give you a good slagging off on skyline owners forum, found on ebay just_exedy_clutches, they were 159+12.50 made sure it was a push kit and would fit my gtst...np.
So today I bought it but.....on the paypal sales receipt for tracking info or further info contact [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

So I hope its OK, feedback is good for exedy clutches but just to warn members techniclutch also trades as just exedy clutches.

·
Registered
772 Posts
We bought one from them, spoke to them on the phone about the power rating etc, seemed really helpful.

Been on a 400BHP R32 GTR for about 6 months now and seems fine, with plenty of 'spirited' driving.

Alex B

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We bought one from them, spoke to them on the phone about the power rating etc, seemed really helpful.

Been on a 400BHP R32 GTR for about 6 months now and seems fine, with plenty of 'spirited' driving.

Alex B

Techniclutch or just exedy clutch??

Was the clutch you bought organic or fibre?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
This kit is standard replacement NOT UPRATED. It will not handle 350bhp for very long. My advise is to buy the R32GTR or exedy uprated, it will last at lot longer and they're around the same price.
It is as Damo says. Daikin/Exedy also produce standard replacement items. So it is quite confusing as sometimes people think that everything with Exedy name is uprated and it just isnt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts