Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, well the temptation to mod my GTR has got the better of me and I'm going to start with some Apexi filters and a stainless exhaust. Question is which exhaust should I go for? I hate exhausts that are really noisy inside the car, I do a lot of miles and the droning booming sound drives me mad! :bash: So i need something quiet inside that will increase performance and sound nice outside! :bigthumb:
Any ideas????

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hye mate, dont know if this helps but u want to find someone with a powerflow exhaust fabricator. my mate owns a garage and has one, he can custom make any exhaust, bent, weld, any bore and put in race cats, silencers etc. should b perfect if you want performance but not a headache!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is your mate based? sounds like a good idea but I was hoping just to buy something "off the peg" so I dont have to be without the car while a system is made up..

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
I know there is one in Redruth, Cornwall cos' im off down there soon to get me MidBox removed...

not much help though i fear... :dunno:

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers dazzler but your right, thats a wee bit far for me! :doh:

I've seen a HKS silent power exhaust on ebay, do they do what it says on the tin? Does anyone have one, what are they like?

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
afaik they are quieter than other aftermarket exhausts but not truly silent like a standard exhaust though, and importantly they are a tad more restrictive than fe blitz nur spec

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
HKS Hi Power Silent is not too loud, it´s very deep and in the midrange, when heated up, quite droney. it´s a nice piece of kit...

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
the HKS is nice and quiet and also looks good. you could also go for a trust exhaust. if you want the best of both make sure you get a bung with the system. that way you can have the bung in for quiet days and take it out for maybe track days or days out on the thrash :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I went for the HKS silent power, it looks amazing! But it only arrived today so cant fit it until monday :mad: I'll let you know how I get on next week... thanks for the advice :dogpile:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its the full system with a back box and centre silencer so it should still be fairly quiet I hope, although looking at the huge tail pipe I'm not so sure!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts