Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically i have bought an exhaust that is similar to the HKS one in the way that only the back box is stainless. I was wondering if there is anything that i could treat it with as the welds are starting to rust slightly and i want to eliminate the problem before it rots. Also was wondering what people use to polish their exhausts as mine could do with a bit :D

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want something that i can coat it with. there must be some high heat paint about or something like that :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
you can get high temp engine paint don't know if that would last on exhaust though as the temps are far higher.

can you not take it and have a stainless pipe welded to your back box ? My mate here in Lincoln would be able to do that, there must be someone near you doing the same thing ?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im happy with the exhaust the way it is mate. I dont want to lose the note or anything from it. Plus the pipe diameter is about 4 inch
Im on a course in Lincoln at the moment so i might see you about :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
That Diameter should not be a problem and the exhaust would sound the same ;) If you need to have it looked at PM me and I'll drop you his number.

I'll double check about the 4" though.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen some very high temperature paint on ebay. Rated up to 500 degrees. Its says for exhausts so i presume this would help?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
just give it a go, you've nothing to lose, but i cant see it helping in any way

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just thinking along the lines of removing the surface rust with a wire brush then spraying with this paint to provide a coat to help prevent the rust coming back. I'll give it a go and let you lot know :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts