Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyall

Just removed my mate's manifold as one of the studs had snapped off...

Everything is sorted for his future brother-in-law to come down with his stud removal kit to take care of the broken stud

As I'll be putting everything back together... will I need to tighten the nuts back in a certain sequence?? Or is it just a matter of winding all the nuts in bit at a time and then going around them again and again until I get the right torque on each nut?? Also anyone got any figures on how much I should torque the little buggers??

Cheers in advance

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
^^As snap-on says!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the replies!!!

Bad news today!!! My mates brother-in law extracted one stud easily but the one closest to the bulkhead started coming apart when it was being drilled taking part of the thread.. Very difficult for him to see how much damage has been done to the hole as its an awkward place to see properly... Looks like a head off jobbie now!!!

His brother-in law is going to tackle the head-off operation and needs to know what the torque settings are when putting the head back on. Don't suppose anyone's found a place to buy a workshop manual by any chance??

I am so glad my Stagea is running sweet... Feel really sorry for my mate but at least he isnt having to pay a garage for the repair :)

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Could he not re tap it in place?

Tell him to download the engine manual, all the settings are in there

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
TBH as long as you use gun gum you can normally refit manifold with a few studs missing, its not ideal i know but if it saves removing the head and lasts a long time its a good repair

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could he not re tap it in place?

Tell him to download the engine manual, all the settings are in there
Where can I download this manual? Would save a lot of hassle.

I havent seen the the car since the stud removal so not sure whether there is a better fix.. Whats this gum gum??

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts