Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the garret GT2510 this past weekend, and we didn't have any of the oil lines, any of the coolant lines, or the compressor outlet flange. so we went into our garage and scrounged together a bunch of adapters and hoses to make all the lines. then i cut my old smic pipes to create the compresor outlet flange. i also installed one of those ebay stainless steal manifolds, then we put it all together and started it up... well im leaking exhaust between the manifold and the head.
i have 3 studs on the top section that sheered into the block, and 2 on the botton that sheared off. but before u say thats the reason y im leaking exhaust, i had my car running like that after i installed the rb25 turbo and had it set at 1.3 bar for about 8 months with no probs. but after i installed all this, you can hear a faint exhaust leak on the first or second cylinder and it gets really loud wen u stomp on the throttle.
well whats the best way to fix this and how much would i have to spend? if i have to replace the head, how much would it all cost in the end?
thanks!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
You have to drill the broken bolts out and fit new ones. But be carefull if you gonna do it yourself as you can easily destroy your head!!!

When done take some decent bolts and gaskets and it's gonna be fine. What sometimes happens too is that the exhaust manifolds from ebay aren't 100% straight. This can cause leaking too.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want to drill the head out, as im pretty sure ill do something wrong and wreck it. im thinkin of just getting another head and putting it on. but i dont want ot take everything apart again. its a real pain.
the exhaust leak was worse the first time i started it up, but then i went back under the car and tightened what bolts i could reach and extra 5 degrees or so and it solved it. i just cant reach the bolts on number 2 cylinder. and the number 3 valve cover philips style screw is pushed up against the manifold. im thinkin that's what's keeping the manifold from keeping a complete seal... im gonna try removing the cam covers and griding down that corner untill theres a bit of space between that and the manifold. but i wont have time to put it up on the lift until this coming weekend. so im going to have to deal with teh exhaust leak for the time being. i need to be able to drive to work. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts