Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i happen to have bumped into a stainless steel exhaust manifold at a local shop here.

Someone bought it and no longer used it so he's selling it for a bargain price.

They didnt know the brand, but after looking around i found that it looks ALLOT like the japspeed.

http://japspeed.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=515

I'm guessing this should give me some nice gains.

Only problem is, i dont know if they have the gaskets!

Would the stock gaskets work? If not, where would i find some that would fit?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
I used stock gaskets on my S14 when i had a tubular manifold on and it was fine :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I wouldn't use any other gaskets than the Genuine nissan ones.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I spoke to Paul at Japspeed he said its best to use the Genuine Nissan gaskets, so I bought some off Nissan this week.
that's good,

do you guys think it would be ok for me to use my current ones or would i be better off ordering a new one before installing?

Also, we use a T3 flange for the turbo right? Gonna get a metal gasket while i'm at it

Last but not least, to anyone who has installed one of these, how were the gains? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You just got to hope that the manifold is not xs power, My one keeps cracking, I must have had the manifold off 5/6 times now!
I don’t know if Nissan was just after my money but they tried charging me £75just for the exhaust gasket!!! I then found this bloke on eBay who has now sold me two genuine Nissan gaskets and other stuff and the price was £20 + £15 pp for each of them, he will possibly have the t3 gasket as well

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Erics-Performance-Parts_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Jay

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got my forged pistons from the above seller, he/they are the dogs nuts, understands how our (bullshit) tax system works here and helps you out.
Highly recommended I saved about 100quid.
Andy.
Yes he is a great guy! I have also got my ARP head stud kit, 1.6mm steel head gasket and my inlet gasket!! Next will be ‘as you have’ a set of pistons and rods!:smoker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts