• Yes, I am changing it ASAP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys and Gals,

When I took my passenger-side rear wheel off today, I found that my exhaust is blowing from where the pipe to the back box joins the mid-way silencer. I am hoping to patch it temporarily with some 'gum gun'?

In the meantime, I need to plan on a new system. I currently have a de-cat and standard down-pipes from the stock turbo.

I've been reading extensively on this and the GTR forum and think I should either go for the Blitz Nur Spec system or a Japseep/RSP.

My current Apexi (Dunk Megaphone???) exhaust is loud and I like it that way so I would like another loud exhaust but not so loud that it becomes uncomfortable to drive with the windows open or closed.

Can those of you with the Blitz system give me some advice on just how loud the Nur Spec is? Even better, can you post videos of the sound yours makes? Do you get flames? ;)

If anyone has my exhaust but has heard the Blitz (or the other two), what does it sound like in comparison?

I would also like a system that retains the lovely defined note of the Skyline engine...

The offerings from Japspeed and RSP seem to be very similar - please correct me if this is not a correct observation!

Many thanks

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i love the blitz nur on mine,with the bung out it makes one hell of a cacophony,stick the bung in and its a nice sedate(for a skyline)rumble

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
If it was me i'd go with the Japspeed turbo elbow and downpipe all in one and then get the blitz Cat back system.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was me i'd go with the Japspeed turbo elbow and downpipe all in one and then get the blitz Cat back system.
That's exactly what I'm thinking at this moment! :)

Does the turbo spool noticeably sooner with aftermarket downpipes?

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
heard a blitz nur spec with and without bung
without it sounded absolutely spot on, its loud, not ridiculously ott loud
with bung it was surprisingly very quiet
the japspeed without 2nd silencer is believed to be among the loudest zorsts
few months ago there was a thread on here of someone with a blitz nur spec that had this drone inside the cabin that makes your ears bleed and that aint fun to drive at all
i wanted a blitz nur spec but absolutely hate exhaust drone so i'm lost ...
me not really helpful eh :crazy:
big bore downpipe should help tubby spooling A LOT

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a full japspeed system from the turbo back and i find it not too noisy but a nice pur..... i do have the twin silenced version.

Very good value for money all easy to fit.

I would say that it would be quite enough for track day use.

J

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
few months ago there was a thread on here of someone with a blitz nur spec that had this drone inside the cabin that makes your ears bleed and that aint fun to drive at all
That's exactly what I want to avoid! Maybe he'd removed the cabin soundproofing to make the car lighter?? ;)

Does anyone with a Blitz live near (or on!) the Isle of Wight? Can I come and hear yours?

·
Registered
199 Posts
if you want a in the middle exhaust id go for a supperdragger,ive had one its a nice note outside and quiet in the car.the nurspec sounds louder and better and tbh youve got an rb engine and if your anything like me you want to hear the sound from your car.if you want somthing quiet by a hybrid :p

·
Registered
732 Posts
Japspeed turbo back twin silencer on mine, as mentioned, easy fit, nice and shiney and well made, sounds exactly how i want it....gentle burble then right foot down to throw some straight 6 turbo'ed noise behind you ( inside not to bad at all ) and the odd pop off the throttle or changing gear, its all i wanted. And in the 3000 miles of motorway driving i have done since fitting it, at 75-ish mph constant its quieter than the standard exhaust i reckon....well, until you welly it again.... WEeeeeeeeeeeeee..................japspeed !....but i dont know about the other system, i only know what i decided on and went for, 110% happy with it all ! All the best with your project !

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I will get a blitz nur when i get another skyline... :drool:

Turbo elbows increase spool up loads... I was well impressed when i fit mine and that was with a standard downpipe...

·
Registered
606 Posts
just to throw you another idea, i use the 5Zigen Miracale Fireball system and i have also a HKS downpipe. i have kept the cat in for now, its got a lovely tick over sound, is louder in areas of the power bands but has a lovely 'under load' sound. also saves weight,approx 15kgs. and the build quality is awsome:smoker:

·
Registered
33 Posts
heard a blitz nur spec with and without bung
without it sounded absolutely spot on, its loud, not ridiculously ott loud
with bung it was surprisingly very quiet
the japspeed without 2nd silencer is believed to be among the loudest zorsts
i wanted a blitz nur spec but absolutely hate exhaust drone so i'm lost ...
me not really helpful eh :crazy:
big bore downpipe should help tubby spooling A LOT
Being realistic and honest as possible, I have a cat back NUR Spec system and without the bung it will give you a headache eventually but the sound which changes depth and tone form 2-5 thousand revs, sounds better than any other. Real growly roar that will scare most away from a race and send them cowering into your rear view.

With the bung, its a more assured powerful note...still loud outside but very comfortable inside and not loud enough to irritate or impede on a conversation. I would go for it as the bung can be put in or taken out in 10 seconds to suit your mood/ length of journey.

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
ha ha I can't vote mate u don't have the ryt option lol.

I have the blitz an run it daily with the bung out. I love the noise from it really do even on tick over sounds amazin. even at meets i've been at mine always gets a wee look when I start her. go for it mate u won't regret it

G

·
i love my blitz exhaust, even with the bung out it doesnt drone or give me headaches, hell i even sat in the car for 7 hours going to JAE with it rumbling away, ok so you have to turn the radio up.

id never consider another exhaust

1 - 20 of 23 Posts