Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont suppose anyone else has been as anal as me and worked out virtually to the last 50 quid how much they have spent on their car since they've owned it ? Including fuel, buying it, servicing, MOT, mods, TAX, Insurance, etc...its a STAGGERING AMOUNT !!
I think I have my priorities all f**ked up somewhere ! I could literally have had a massive house deposit, or bought a Porsche, admittedly without ever running it in any way, it would have just been Sorn and sat there in the street ! I wonder if it would be cheaper to be hypnotised to think a Dawoo Matiz is my Skyline ? mmmmmm.......:rolleyes:

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I've captured all the costs as well, a mate asked me how much I'd spent lasy week after completing stage 1 mods and a remap, he laughed back in a kinda "you can't be serious" way ... but I'll be drivin home from work tonight in a skyline so who care's :rofl: and I know I've not spent anywhere as much as most members running big power cars

·
pedaltothemetal
972 Posts
**** you scaring me,only had mine since nov and aint started modding her yet.expensive as it is.wife may have to get a second job lol.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I don't wanna do this :(

But I'm going to, report to follow!

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr Banter, I would advise against it. I had to go and buy a bottle of jack daniels afterwards and cry myself to sleep ! However....after a brief run in the car the following day and having my brakes done at RSP yesterday I can now own everything and I'm off to germany next week !!! I feel a personal best coming on !!

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Ok.

The black one has cost me......

£15820 :eek:

Whilst I've owned that I've also had 3 others (still got 2) and had the pimp tank etc.
In the 3 years since I first bought the black one, taking all things into consideration like drift events/mods/fuel/repairs I must be looking in the region of £90k spunked on fancy motors.

Mother of God :disappointed:

·
7,524 Posts
So I've spent £6k so far (excluding buying the car) want to get to 400bhp next year, so thats probs another £2-3k .... all good fun :D then there will be the track days I'll be wanting to do etc etc :eek: way I look at it is to but an equivalent performing car (running OEM old parts etc) would cost a lot more

·
7,524 Posts
**** you scaring me,only had mine since nov and aint started modding her yet.expensive as it is.wife may have to get a second job lol.
my advice, don't start... you will never stop :rofl:

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
I am another anal one that keeps a spreadsheet of everything to do with the car as well. I am up to about £2411.38 just on general maintance and upkeep (no mods) since March 08. That does not include any fuel costs.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Im just not that anal ( and i`d cry if i knew ) but i look at it this way. People have hobbies like stamp collecting or watching grass grow or what ever flaots your boat, mine is playing with a car, making it loud and annoying to passers by and putting a big smile on my face. thats got to be worth it. Cant take money with you so might as well spend it. we all work hard enough for it.

·
****** From The Shite
3,437 Posts
OMG..... i've just worked mine out as £13,700 give or take £500 and i haven't even got a front mount.

car, services, fuel, tax, insurance, bumper, leather interior, wheels, bumper, alarm, tyres, bits n bobs, and lots more fiddly little bits.... OMG, that's SAVAGE...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Too Right! F-it, I bought a cheap one and have probably spent inc vrt, fuel, tax, insurance ,servicing and on modding around €9,800! funny thing is i bought the car for €1,700 in japan a yr and a half ago!! Thats mad no wonder i haven't got a washer to my name
and cant afford to track it!!!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
me and the girlfriend for a laugh last week worked out roughly that in 3 years alone i have used 8 grands worth of fuel :Rofl: thats on a average of 20mpg

thats as far as i went :funny:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts