Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with XXR Wheels, formerly SportMax wheels?

I've been looking at these:
Ebay link

:confused::confused:

Good price for staggered fitment 18s I have to say... Very Ultralite GT2-ish.

They're a bit on the heavy side but I consider my car more of a grand tourer than a grand racer, so...

(Yes, they are 4-bolt as my car is a non-turbo with only 4 bolts on the hubs...)

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
I have XXR rims. I have. I use mine because I have had great fitment, they are universal (the ones I got are 5 and 4 lug) and they are easy to get 10$ tires for. I have SSR, Ro-Ja, and XXR. I use my XXR to race most of the time believe it or not and drift because they are the lightest I have. Mine are the lightest I think from XXR.

My experience is this: I love them, were easy to paint, the rims weigh nothing kind of, I have hit pot holes with no effect on 40 tread, 30 tread may be another story. I did have to use spacers on the front to clear the calipers. But I have had to do that with all my rims...

OH Wow, guess what I just noticed.... these are the EXACT XXR that were on the Grey Skyline. Man, those looked sick when they were sitting on that car. It was lowered down to them and they were beautiful. Take the rim, paper it, and spray the inner portion black, leave the lip, and I am telling you.... they are sick. I wanted to buy those from Brian for a minute but then that Skyline was sold and wrecked in Georgia. =(

His were staggered and nice

They aren't for everyone but if you paint the center, they pop and this was before he painted them... I don't have the aftermath.

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn you, my couch just got a nasty stain on it!!

They actually DO look amazing on a Skyline just like I thought.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post those pics man!!! :)

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like he has the "Hyper Silver" ones.
The eBay link states that the set I was looking at is "Chromium Black" color.

(Think the pic on ebay shows the silver ones though)

Here is the Chromium Black:

And here is the Hyper Silver:

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Yeah that's the stuff. I liked those a lot. *shrugs*

Yeah go for the black. =)

And no problem on the pictures. You're just lucky it's a small world. Because how rare are Skylines in the USA? And now what's the chance that a Skyline in the USA is going to have the rims on it you are wanting to get? LOL

I bet that would never happen again....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.