Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certainly someone has imported a car from UK to Germany or other EU countries...
Where and how can I get the export plates? The best way is to drive it home on UK plates, but how to get this legal? I don't want to get pulled over by cops and have problems with them. Is it enough if the owner of insurance writes a paper, confirmation that he allows me to drive the car home, because we made a deal?

·
TT 350Z
116 Posts
I've just done that (to Italy) and preferred using an import company that provided transport on a truck too... either you get hold of trade plates issued in your own country, otherwise it's a headache trying to get insurance in the UK since you don't live there and the previous owner will not allow you to drive it under his own insurance normally since if you have an accident/kill someone etc he will be the one responsible, he will have to do the claim etc not an easy situation.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I can get Slovenian plates for a foreign car. This is the problem... And as far as I know, I cannot insure the car on UK plates in UK, because I'm not an UK citizen...
Damn, why does this has to be so fecking stupid?? :/

·
TT 350Z
116 Posts
I don't think I can get Slovenian plates for a foreign car. This is the problem... And as far as I know, I cannot insure the car on UK plates in UK, because I'm not an UK citizen...
Damn, why does this has to be so fecking stupid?? :/
I'm talking about TRADE plates, check if those are available in your country

these are temporary plates that are valid abroad too and that in my case, importers use to go abroad and drive the cars back to italy.

But agreed the easiest way is to pay for transport mate...

·
Registered
95 Posts
In Germany you go to your car registration office and can request plates for a certain period like 1,3 or 5 days. A general insurance is included. You can even request those via ADAC or any other big car clubs in germany.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sent an email to our ADAC, but I think it's not possible. Maybe I could get them in Germany via my friend who lives there.. What papers do I need to get them? Anything from the car? Registration certificate or something? Is a copy OK?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sagaris,

I'll collect mine from England to Belgium august 12th.
I've asked at my company to be insured on the chassis number and that is possible, even with UK plates.

If I can provide you other thing about that don't hesitate to contact me ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts