Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, having now finished my rebuild i decided to leave the top timing cover off to show my nice new greddy timing belt :gay: . So far i have had mixed views, some say its an accident waiting to happen incase any thing finds its way into the belt area. Others say it will be fine. I have seen loads of the rb26's with the adjustable pullys without the top covers fitted, which seem to be trouble free. I have thought about the clear top cover but wondered how difficult it is to mod to fit the rb25's. I wanted to see if any of you guys or, girls have done the same, did it end in tears?? or was all well. What would you do?

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
I think the clear cam cover is the way to go, it's just asking for a stone to get caught between the belt and gears and bye bye engine.

I found this pic, I think it looks very good with the clear cover modified.

everything going back together ok?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i like the look of that, yes mate all good engine wise, felt very strong.. well for the 10 miles before my clutch packed in:disappointed: see my other thread

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Anyone know if there's any companies that do the plastic 26 pulley covers without any text on them? I want to stick one on my 20 so I can paint it along with the plug cover, and have the cam covers polished. If I keep the original 20 cover, it'll look a bit manky, not a fan of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts