Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since fitting a 3" down pipe(3"straight through now) r34 gtt intercooler and sorting the coilpacks out the car is accelerating alot quicker from low revs, then it dies down abit until 6000revs then feels like it boosts again to redline.

I have eliminated second stage boost by way of a dawes device which is about 0.8 boost set.

I thought it might be overfuelling? I re-gapped the iridiums down to 0.8(naughty I know) This didn't really make any noticable difference. Also after the re-gap I had to adjust the dawes device as it was allowing boost up to 1.0bar! Strange I thought.

Overfuelling?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since fitting a 3" down pipe(3"straight through now) r34 gtt intercooler and sorting the coilpacks out the car is accelerating alot quicker from low revs, then it dies down abit until 6000revs then feels like it boosts again to redline.

I have eliminated second stage boost by way of a dawes device which is about 0.8 boost set.

I thought it might be overfuelling? I re-gapped the iridiums down to 0.8(naughty I know) This didn't really make any noticable difference. Also after the re-gap I had to adjust the dawes device as it was allowing boost up to 1.0bar! Strange I thought.

Overfuelling?
might be going the other way and leaning out. the leaner the mixture the faster the car will feel up to the point it becomes too lean and makes your engine explode:bananadie:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't think its lean, I have a one of those led fuel/mixture gauges it goes rich on acceleration, might not be acurate though.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
You might have a flat spot because of breathing mods, bigger downpipe and bigger intercooler. Overfueling could be too again because of breathing mods and colder inlet temps as a result of your intercooler.

Why the hell did you regap your iridium plugs? :boxing: You shouldn´t and you also don´t need to with brand new or Splitfire coilpacks!

Overboosting seems a little weird to me too...?!?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Exact same happened to me. Get some splitfires mate...... Your coilpacks are temporarily fixed, well kinda..... But the extra pull is because your coilpacks are still fooked.... Sounds likes they are on the way out again.....

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
coipacks wont get rid of a flat spot, flat spots are caused by too much fuel. Only way to get rid of it is to change the fuelling. Cheapest way to do this is with an apexi safc and a quick map.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might have a flat spot because of breathing mods, bigger downpipe and bigger intercooler. Overfueling could be too again because of breathing mods and colder inlet temps as a result of your intercooler.

Why the hell did you regap your iridium plugs? :boxing: You shouldn't´t and you also don´t need to with brand new or Splitfire coilpacks!

Overboosting seems a little weird to me too...?!?

Peeps say do and don't.

I had a google and apparently its ok as long as you don't damage the centre electrode or the porcelain centre as this part is very fragile. If I'd damaged a plug it would of shown up when I was driving today. I read a thread here somewhere a guy regapped them all the time tapping them on brick!
Anyone ever had a problem?
I sort of am shitting it abit now!

Overboosting probably just the dawes device, I'll give it a clean.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
coipacks wont get rid of a flat spot, flat spots are caused by too much fuel. Only way to get rid of it is to change the fuelling. Cheapest way to do this is with an apexi safc and a quick map.
I did get a AFC with my other mods but needs setting up properly when i get round to it.

The car is definitely quicker with the stage 1 mods even with over fueling, I have to hold on when accelerating hard from 1st!! Rather than being kicked back into the seat your thrown, its great!

I have reset the ECU now as well but haven't gone for a spin yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts