Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the garage to take the mirror off to check the motor but couldn't get the door open wide enough. Went to start the car to move it and nothing :swear:

Well, not nothing, just a rapid clicking and the dash lights and clock dimming. Ah, I thought, maybe the battery is flat as it's been stood for a while. So out comes the jump starter.

Still nothing but loads of clicks :(

So my car is stuck in the underground garage and I am at a loss as to what to do next.

I'm going to have to go and buy a jack tomorrow and see if I can get to the starter from underneath.

Anything else I can try in the meantime to start the car?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i would leave the jumper pack attached to the battery for a while before trying to start it,do the electric windows work at normal speed?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Sounds like very dead battery to me fella, IF you get the clicks but no noise from the fuel pump it's usually a dead battery.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Your battery is dead as fried chicken !!
leave the jumper attached a while or swap for another battery
if my gtr sits for more than a week its swap the battery time.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the battery and, even though it was showing full charge, my jumper pack mustn't have had enough amps to help :eek: . Charged the pack and put it on this morning, left it connected for 15 minutes and then the car started first time.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I put a draper battery master on mine when its stood for a while and the battery never goes flat its like a trickle charger but you need a mains souce to keep it pluged into you can run an extention lead through a hole covered buy a grommit in the boot floor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts