Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS ON MY WAY TO MINEHEAD THIS WEEKEND AND VOSA PULLED ME IN AS THEY ANT GOT NOTHING BETER TO DO I HAD TO RIP OUT MY WINDOW TINT AND MY SUNSTRIP ONLY GOOD THING IS THAT THEY DID NOT CAT TEST IT:crazy: LUCKY AS THE CAR IN FRONT HAD A PROHIBITION ORDER ON IT SO HE COULD NOT DRIVE IT REALY DID FEEL FOR THE GUY IN A SCOOBY
I AM GETING THE WINDOWS REDONE AND THE SUNSTRIP BUT I AM THINKING THAT VOSA WILL BE AT THE JAPFEST AND I DONT NO IF I WANT TO TAKE MY CAR JUST INCASE:minigun:

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
This is another thread where you admit to breaking the law and then moan that you were pulled for it?

Tint your windows too much = risk you take
Number plate too small/ not official = risk you take

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THEY MUST BE ON IT JUST BEEN TOLD THEY WERE IN GLOUCESTER TODAY
AFTER ARE CASH
WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OF IS THERE WAS WHAT I CALL A WANABE COP AND HE WAS LAFING TO A NOTHER COP SAYING OH YOU WIN THE BET THEY HAD A BET ON HOW DARK MY TINTS WERE I COULD OF GONE OVER AND KICKED F+++ IN TO HIM :minigun::minigun::minigun::minigun:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Everyone is aware of the risks with de-cats, tints etc, if you dont want to get stopped, then dont have them, simple as that.

I will agree however some of these people with authority go a little over the top some times.

P

·
0 Posts
Most people know that tints have to let 70% of light through by law so if you risk having a darker tint, you know you're risking being pulled. If you don't want to be pulled, make sure you're within the law.

·
Registered
508 Posts
that just applies to the front windows tho doesnt it?
the rears can be darker cant they?

bling bling was it your side windows you had to rip out?

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Vehicle Operating Standards Agency if I'm not mistaken.

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
I think it's 75% min. front, 70% min. side (b-pillar forward) and anything goes behind that.
yeah this is what it said in the booklet i was given for my old 106 but that was about 4 years ago though so it might have changed but i know that you can paint all of the back windows if you want to and its not breaking the law.
my mate did it with his colt and when he got pulled they said it was fine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts