Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought some wheels last week for my car, and then purchased the tires at F1 auto centre in Cambridge, where they offered to fit the wheels as well. once the [new] wheels were fitted the guy said i was OK to move the car, when i did i could feel something catching. moved the car back on to the ramp to investigate and the brake caliper had caught on my new wheels :mad:

when i approached the manager he told me it was my fault(!!) for not checking the offset of the wheels. and they [the f1 company] cant be held responsible.
i phoned customer services the next day and they reported it to the regional manager who has just left my place now.

he has told me its not f1s fault as they don't have the equipment to check off set and should be looking to make a legal claim against the suppliers.
as an apology he has offered me £50 f1 vouchers.
if any one wants to buy these vouchers from me then feel free cos i wont be going back to the centre!
i really cant be @rsed to be emailing/calling people making claims that i don't really know about, so I'm not gonna take this any further as no one will be willing to take responsibility and i just want to get on with finishing building my car. I'll probably get them re-furbed in the up and coming months.

what i would ask is make other people aware of the damage they have caused to my shiny new wheels and essentially boycott these centres (once you've spent my 50 quid voucher!)

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
I am surprised an experienced tyre fitter didn't see that he was tightening the wheel up on to your caliper. And I am surprised they let you drive the car off the ramp. Whenever I have had tyres fitted they drive it off the ramp and park it in a safe place for me to drive away.

Who sold you the wheels and what are they?

Ian.

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the scratches/ gouges are not deep at all. i got the wheels from an online supplier called jl autos. the make is calibre. i was also extremely surprised/upset when it happened as the company is there to fit wheels. it was something the guy quite clearly overlooked

·
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've since got some 5mm spacers and they are now on the car. I'm gonna get them refurbed. i don't think it'll cost too much. its just a hassle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts