Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I think this is one for admin!
Have I been removed from the facebook page? As I can't see the group, or comment on the post I put up yesterday?! Did I do something wrong?!
Please let me know!
Cheers
Tom

·
12,294 Posts
I've not deleted anyone for a couple of days, so I know it's not me. Were you trying to sell on there and forgot to include your username? That could explain why it's been deleted. To be honest, if it was up to me I'd simply delete the entire group, since it's full of idiots with no idea who don't even attempt to contribute on here. It was only ever intended to promote the forum, but instead it's killing it off.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was selling on there and my username was at bottom of the ad, normally one of the admins ask for a username before removing/deleting, but they didn't.
Bigger audience on their, I sold more in one day than I have in about a week on the forum!
But every person who has come to collect has tried to pull a fast one on me and short change me! Defiantly a different breed...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been removed from the group! I just asked to join again.

If there are issues then please discuss with me, I've been on here a good few years now and it's just plain rude to remove someone without communicating anything to them.

Who runs the facebook side of things and has the ability to remove people?

·
12,294 Posts
If facebook is killing the forum surely do away with the facebook page.
Not my call unfortunately, although it seems I do have access to simply delete the group. In my opinion the group should only be kept for photo sharing, event organising, and most importantly, promoting the forum. I just can't get some of the other admin to see it that way too.

As for who can delete people, basically anyone whose admin on the group can do it. There's me and a few others, but I have no visibility of who does what. Yet another example of how the group is a bad idea in my opinion, we can't track people, or even see who's who on the forum without asking.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Well its not me... i stay well away from face book other than keeping in touch with some family and friends.
And i wholeheartedly agree..the face book group is killing this forum, it gets quieter and quieter here by the day.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if somebody wanted to sell and admin asked for a username then the person selling could pick any username from the forum and says that they are that person?!

Conversation on the forum is better now IMO as it's only the 'hardcore' that mainly come on here

I still havnt been accepted back on the FB page....

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Facebook has killed pretty much everything including basic social interaction! Amount of people who'll be up the pub or wherever just sat on their phones whilst others are tryin to talk to them and end up bein ignored or "competing" with Facebook for some attention! myself included!!

·
12,294 Posts
So if somebody wanted to sell and admin asked for a username then the person selling could pick any username from the forum and says that they are that person?!
Exactly, it's stupid. That's provided someone goes to the effort of looking up a valid username though, most just make up a bullshit username once asked, and hope we won't look into it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Tbh the issue appears to be trying to police the Facebook group in the same way as the forum. They are very different beasts and get used differently by different people.

IMO the most sensible way to have a fb group that can be policed in the same way as on here would be to have it as a closed group, and only accept requests from people who are on here and have 100+ posts. Yes you lose the extra visibility but it sounds like most users don't want that from a so.com fb group anyway

You don't need to search that hard to find other groups on Feb to buy/sell bits for Skylines anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
I don't agree that the FB page should be binned off completely because, whether we like it or not, that's the way the future is going.
I do however agree that it should only be used for sharing pictures and helping to organise events and not for technical problems etc etc.

I think it's pathetic how dependent people have become on sites like Facebook. I look around our crew room at work and 95% of people are on their phone, not talking to each other at all unless its to show them something on their phone. It makes me weep for the future of humanity....

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Same prob for my local forum
People moan no events happening
I tell them there's shite loads advertised on main forum

' oh didn't realise there was a forum - what's the URL? '
' same as Facebook group nob :spank: '

Bin it!!! It's getting to the point I'm looking for tumble weed when coming on here :sorry:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts