HIGH IDLE (2,906 rpm)
Lambda 0.87, limit: not between 0.97 and 1.03 FAIL
CO 5.70 vol%, limit: 0.30% FAIL
HC 125 ppm, limit: 200ppm PASS
------------------------------------------------------
More info:
- new engine oil and filter
- old air filter and spark plugs
- dunno if these two things are related to emissions problem but..
1. I've noticed that it's a bit jumpy drive in 2nd gear slowly- at 1000 - 1500 rpm it has that annoying little kicks when releasing and pushing gas pedal, the same thing in 3rd gear at 1700 - 2000 rpm
2. on down shifting on low speeds, RPMs jump a little bit higher, like it's waiting for my next move to push gas pedal even I want to slow down- its actually good feature otherwise but you know its not helping while driving in rush hour especially while approaching icy braking point :eek:

Should I re-test after changing air filter and spark plugs or theres another problem?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
you have another problem and most peaple replace the lambda sensor first and also does it have a cat fitted still?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Low idle RPM seems a little high as all the one I've seen tend to idle at about 720 - 750 when warm. I have a guage that shows the output from the lambda so I can tell if mine is switching from low to high so it might be worth trying to measure the output to confirm if this is working, or did you notice if the values were changing whilst carrying out the MOT? I think Speedr might be onto something asking about the CAT as the high Co2 readings at high idle suggest this also. As for the other issue when you release the accellerator, mine does this and always has, and one day I was going to try an engine damper to see if this made any improvement.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Low idle RPM seems a little high as all the one I've seen tend to idle at about 720 - 750 when warm.

did you notice if the values were changing whilst carrying out the MOT?
Low idle RPM suprised me also since I remember it was around 750-800 but now it shows over 900. I couldn't see the values myself there but noticed that guy spend half an hour on measuring emissions :O

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from wiki: "In May 1998 a NEO head was fitted, which enabled the engine to be classified as a low emission vehicle (LEV) engine due to their lower fuel consumption and emission output. " :bigthumb:

Must see exhaust system whats there :wtf:

I have new air filter and spark plugs already so that could be fitted in the short run

·
Registered
626 Posts
"HIGH IDLE (2,906 rpm)
CO 5.70 vol%, limit: 0.30% FAIL "

there is your first problem .. lambda out of limits ... man .. search for new lambda now .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"HIGH IDLE (2,906 rpm)
CO 5.70 vol%, limit: 0.30% FAIL "

there is your first problem .. lambda out of limits ... man .. search for new lambda now .
ok but re-test needs to be done until 16.12 because I m off for holidays until January so have to search and order fast :O

Lifted her yesterday for 5 mins.. Looks like theres cat: http://amer.pictures.fi/kuvat/Nissan/silver2010/Exhaust/

·
Registered
626 Posts
yes, you have cat .. seems to be never removed since car born .. . need check what wires you have on lambda, and i think in that south side motorfactors was universal lambdas. i think it was about 60 -80 euros.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts