Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I pick the GTR up tomorrow and am really excited but something I meant to ask you lot about the brakes on my first night on here.

This might just be because I'm used to my supra having drilled, grooved, vented discs on the front that are 1" larger than standard with uprated mitsubishi calipers and green stuff pads but the brakes on the GTR seem really really really REALLY faint.

Are they typically bad as standard? Do I need to put new pads on? Someone please gimme some advice.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
the R32 GTR brakes are somewhat inadaquate as standard, the vspec variant had AP's from memory are are much improved over the stock GTR items.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a V.spec. :-s

Oh well there goes my plan not to modify it for a year. lol Those brakes are way too faint for my liking.

unlike some I know (None on this board I should add) I am a great believer in being able to stop before you can beat a porsche.

Bearing in mind a stock GTR would whip the arse off a porsche 911 non turbo that's a bad analogy but you get my point, right? tell me you get my point, please get my point, is it really this late? Why am I so nervous about picking up my car? How did i get here?

Erm time to go to bed me thinks.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol sorry guys. Was just a little anxious last night. Feeling better now and just looking forward to picking up the beast. Speaking of which I'm heading off to do so soon. When I get back if it's light enough will take some pics with the digicam and post in gallery forum.

·
Registered
303 Posts
R32GTR,

if your car is a v-spec it should have 33 GTR brembo,s fitted , what year is your car it needs to be April 93 onwards to be a v-spec. I have a v-spec 32 and we are only a stones throw away from you in Oxted Surrey , we will also be a Trax on sunday come and say hi.

Mark

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
D'oh, Brembo's... AP... I knew it was something like that...

Paul

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to disappoint guys but I was wrong. It's not a V-spec. Thought it was but it aint :-( It's 93/94 so right age but not a V-spec. I need to pay a visit to Abbey Motorsport soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts