Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't yet taken out your RAC european breakdown cover call Charlie from RAC on 0800 0726999 choose option 3 and her extension is 33139.

Your need your membership number in your profile, she did me a great deal of only £35 for full comprehensive cover.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Lol!

I know these guys personally, the car that RAC deemed as not having a market value great enough to cover the £500 repatriation fee was an FD RX7. That speaks volumes for anyone traveling with a Skyline imo.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
AA euro cover for the win:ylsuper:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AA work on the same principle with the repatriation costs, its just like insurance companies writting off cars, its always gonna be an arguement on value.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
the cost of repatriation is around £1,200 apparently, spoke to a chap at RAC today....so if you have a 32 GTST I would strongly suggest you check the car value in Glass's guide!!!

he also quoted me £56! so I will see if I can get hold of charlie on monday

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
he also quoted me £56! so I will see if I can get hold of charlie on monday
Lisa, they quoted me the same when I phoned them last Monday as Charlie was away. This is the cost for cars over 5 years old apparently. However I declined their offer stating the £35 Bruce was charged and they came back 5 minutes later with a quote of £35.10 which I accepted. As with all insurance offers/quotes never accept the first offer they give you, after all why should you pay more than the next person?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go with the RAC bud.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Actually not entirely true. Just got a proper quote from them for a car as old as mine. £59.91 or £82.54 to cover parts and labour costs up to £500

Tim
Same as I was quoted for my trip a few weeks ago. I am an AA member but it was cheaper to take the RAC european cover. Cant fault the AA on the odd occasion I have needed their services though.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts